Software Support Specialist (Technical Support/System Administrator)
Transfinder Schenectady, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you want to work for an industry leader, learn the latest technology and be a part of an organization that values employee opinions, then Transfinder is the company for you!
As a member of the Support Team in the Client Services Department, the Software Support Specialist assists clients in the use of company software and troubleshoots technical issues that result through the installation, implementation and use of that software. The right candidate has a strong client-centric focus, strives to provide a superior client experience and possesses an aptitude for learning new software applications and their underlying technologies quickly and thoroughly. The Software Support Specialist is a highly technical individual that works cooperatively in a team environment and contributes to the growth and success of their clients, their peers, their department, and the company.
· Answers and documents client calls from a phone queue through CRM and ticket tracking software
· Resolves issues efficiently and effectively or determines escalation path when necessary
· Communicates with clients while tracking progress on client issues
· Researches issues of varying complexity while working to resolve them and communicates progress with the client
· Installs and upgrades software on client workstations and servers
· Assists and/or participates in the training of external and internal clients in an online or onsite training environment, including but not limited to conferences
· Develops product and troubleshooting documentation to expand team and company knowledge
· Suggests, analyzes, and implements processes, and/or suggests improvements
· Provides product and process improvement feedback
· Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
· 2+ years of experience supporting software products
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
· Ability to independently research problems/questions and find answers
· Ability to be flexible and adapt to complex situations and varying personalities
· Detail-oriented and self-motivated
· Ability to type quickly and accurately while speaking.
We are also looking for experience in the following areas
· Crystal Reports
· IIS/Web servers
· Amazon Web Services or Azure
· Active Directory
· MS SQL Server
· Network Administration
What We Offer
· Very competitive salaries and benefits
· The ability to learn and work with the latest technology
· Open-door management style; we welcome and even expect feedback in all areas
· An entrepreneurial spirit, but with a strong belief in work-life balance
· Corporate HQ positioned in the heart of downtown Schenectady; direct access to 25+ restaurants within walking distance, and right next to Proctor’s Theatre and the new Mohawk Harbor
· Themed events throughout the year, with friendly competitions and prizes!
TransfinderWhy Work Here?
Join an industry leader providing software solutions for school districts in North America. Best places to work. Collaborative workplace.
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in intelligent transportation systems, providing transportation management systems and services to municipalities, school districts and adult care facilities. Transfinder, an Inc. magazine “fastest-growing company” for 11 consecutive years, has offices in Austin, Texas, and Shanghai, China. The software company, named a Best Place to Work and Top Workplace, develops and supports routing and scheduling solutions for optimal transportation logistics. For more information, visit www.transfinder.com.