DevOps Engineer - Remote
Transfinder Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Remote Opportunity (Full-Time US-based)
Company HQ: Schenectady, NY (Albany, NY area)
The DevOps Engineer works to ensure Transfinder provides clients with the best-hosted software experience possible. The DevOps Engineer works collaboratively to design, scale, secure, and maintain cloud infrastructure for running Transfinder products. Utilizing AWS and other cloud technologies this position is responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Advance the effectiveness of Transfinder’s hosted solutions by creating and implementing methods to improve the design, performance, and security while focusing on cost efficiencies
- Deploy effective cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS to meet ever-changing demand
- Establish configuration management and automated infrastructure
- Implement continuous integration to achieve continuously deployable systems
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Test and ensure quality on deployment methodologies and technologies
- Plan and perform high-profile code deployments on critical production environments
- Preform performance baseline analysis and develop strategies for improving application performance
- Design and test robust backup and disaster recovery plans
- Create monitoring tools to ensure uptime and functionality
- Serve as technical advisor to Technology and Service Leadership
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on policies, procedures, and technologies used to deploy and maintain operations
- Interact with various departments to discuss unique technical problems and develop suggestions and solutions to adequately address them
- Assist in defining and maintaining technical standards and procedures
- Assist in documenting new processes to support new and existing products
- Participate in on-call monitoring and response to ensure uptime
- Stay current on industry trends and make recommendations as needed to help the company excel
- 5+ years experience supporting cloud environments
- Experience deploying and supporting web applications
- Experience working on the Microsoft Technology Stack with experience configuring and tuning IIS Server
- Experience in Configuration and Infrastructure Management in a 24x7 uptime environment
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python) skills required for integration and automation
- Experience building and scaling services in a cloud environment
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments
- Experience maintaining, scaling and backing up MS SQL Server
- Experience implementing CI/CD principles and technologies
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and driven to bring solutions to problems
- Able to provide constructive feedback
TransfinderWhy Work Here?
Join an industry leader providing software solutions for school districts in North America. Best places to work. Collaborative workplace.
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in intelligent transportation systems, providing transportation management systems and services to municipalities, school districts and adult care facilities. Transfinder, an Inc. magazine “fastest-growing company” for 11 consecutive years, has offices in Austin, Texas, and Shanghai, China. The software company, named a Best Place to Work and Top Workplace, develops and supports routing and scheduling solutions for optimal transportation logistics. For more information, visit www.transfinder.com.
440 State Street. SchenectadyPhiladelphia, PA