Customer Service / Patient Billing Representative
Transdermal Therapeutics Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance
We are seeking a Patient Representative to join our Customer Service team! You will be responsible for ensuring that patients are called in a timely manner and prescriptions are handled and filled with a sense of urgency and dedication to world-class customer service.
- Ensures prompt and timely payment of submitted invoices.
- Follows up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt and timely payment and escalates issues as necessary.
- Evaluates payments/denials received for correctness and ensures that they are applied appropriately.
- Utilizes solid written and oral communication along with superior customer service skills.
- Performs mathematical calculations for submitting insurance claims including deductible amounts, allowed amounts, secondary insurance allowed amounts and patient's responsibility.
- Posts charge payments and write-offs on patient according to the “Bad Debt Policy.”
- Applies regulations for the release of confidential data, following HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Ensures that secondary bills and patient invoices are accurately generated and submitted in a timely manner.
- Identifies any over-payment and/or duplicate payments, and investigates and resolves.
- Processes refund requests in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Regulatory / Pay Guidelines and policies & procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years Customer Service experience, with medical office experience preferred.
- Experience operating a multi-line phone system and working in a call center environment.
- Full competency in Microsoft Office and Windows environments.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Minimum 50 WPM typing speed.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple computer screens at once.
Transdermal TherapeuticsWhy Work Here?
Great place to work with a friendly family atmosphere.
Transdermal Therapeutics, Inc. (“Transdermal”) is a state-of-the-art compounding pharmacy, located in Birmingham, Alabama, and specializing exclusively in non-addictive, non-opioid topical solutions for chronic pain ailments. Since its inception, Transdermal has been committed to partnering with the medical community and industry-standard credentialing agencies to innovate and produce topical pain therapies that are high quality and cost-effective. We service patients across 34 states and the District of Columbia.
211 Summit ParkwayBirmingham, AL