Environmental Compliance Monitor
- Expired: November 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Environmental Compliance Monitor
Established in 1999, Transcon Environmental, Inc., offers environmental consulting services throughout the United States. Our highly successful team of resource professionals provides environmental planning, permitting, and compliance services.
We are seeking full-time, environmental compliance monitors for projects located in Arizona, Northern California and southern Wyoming.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The job primarily involves environmental compliance monitoring of electrical transmission and distribution line construction projects. The principal duties will be inspecting and monitoring construction activities to ensure resource protection measures are being implemented to protect sensitive resources (i.e., archaeological, paleontological, biological, and visual resources; waters; soils; unique geological features; etc.). Examples of daily activities include verifying sensitive archaeological sites are flagged for avoidance and ensuring rare plant populations are properly flagged and avoided. Other duties will consist of tracking and reporting construction activities, documentation of compliance/non-compliance with resource protection measures, filing daily reports, photo documenting site conditions, and coordinating with other relevant parties. These positions are primarily field-based positions with minimal office time anticipated and will be managed from local offices specific for each respective project. Our office locations for these projects include those in Rawlins, WY; Ferndale, CA and Mesa, AZ. Project sites will generally be within 50-150 miles of the office locations. Ideal candidates for this work will possess a degree in an environmental resources field and have experience performing construction monitoring. Those with the specific experience detailed below will be given preference.
We anticipate that employment will begin as early as December 2021, and be steady into 2023 and continue sporadically until the end of fall, 2023.
- Degree in an environmental resource field
- The ability to work long hours
- Competence using global positioning system units, maps, and iPads
- The ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicles on rough terrain and in winter conditions
- The ability to perform work duties independently
- Strong communication skills
- A record of prior employment documenting that the applicant is organized, motivated, dependable, and good at solving problems in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to relocate close to the project, as needed
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Biological resources (specifically Mojave/Sonoran desert tortoise, general avian, southwestern willow flycatcher, spotted owl, botanical surveys, and/or bat surveys)
- Implementing and/or monitoring erosion and sediment controls including preparation and maintenance of SWPPPs.
- Cultural resources
- Restoration and reclamation
- Drone license or the ability to obtain
- Field experience on construction projects
- Familiarity with electrical transmission and distribution line construction activities
- Performing environmental inspections for construction monitoring
- Prior experience working in, Wyoming, California, Arizona and Utah.
- Flexibility on preferred project/location
Compensation will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
Applicants must have a clean driving record for at least five years prior to the start of work. Offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check and drug and alcohol testing.
Transcon Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Transcon Environmental