- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager manages Fleet Managers and all day-to-day activities within operations. They must be able to make good judgments without the benefit of others immediate counsel and must be exceptional documenters. They must be able to perform their duties autonomously.
Additional Responsibilities- Operations Manager
- Directly supports and manages Fleet Managers and serves as coverage when needed.
- Ensures that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectation on each load at the point of dispatch.
- Collaborate with department manager to develop performance, execution, and growth plans
- Analyze the performance of the department, make recommendations to improve, and implement said improvements
- Act as responsible individual for department with regards to service & safety performance
- Implement strategy to improve/build upon both regional and OTR team network strategies
- Assist with scrubbing through driver lists.
- Ensure computer work is accurate, hold team accountable for inaccurate computer work
- Set up travel for drivers as needed
- Set PTAs
- Make sure drivers are current on preventative maintenance on their trucks
- Covering all freight, including overbooked and current freight.
- Update drivers on road conditions and restrictions as advised by the Safety Department.
- Approving timecards on a weekly basis, including PTO request.
- Handling driver complaints, escalating the issues to the appropriate party when necessary.
- Assigning new drivers to DMs accordingly.
- Ensuring the of speed of trust behaviors are upheld by every member of the team to promote a collaborating, productive and professional work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned based off business needs.
Preferred Skills- Operations Manager
- 5+ years experience in transportation sector
- 3+ years experience in leadership role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Experience writing business plans
- Intermediate user ability for Microsoft Excel
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5+ years Transportation Experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of TMW Database software, Microsoft Excel and Outlook knowledge.
Transco Lines operates over 350 power units and 700 dry van trailers. Our fleet consists of 175 solo drivers and 170 teams. Our niche in the marketplace is customized service for customers requiring Just-In-Time performance. We pride ourselves on providing ultra-modern assets for our drivers and superior service to our customers.
Transco Lines Inc.
1 Harold Ives DriveNorth Little Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Transco Lines Inc.
Get fresh Fleet Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.