- Use exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills to answer calls regarding retirement, life, and annuity investment products.
- Identify customer needs and provide personalized service to ensure positive and meaningful outcomes; engage more knowledgeable team members as needed.
- Locate/research information using multiple systems/technologies.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments to obtain and/or provide necessary information to resolve issues.
- Document customer inquiries and associated actions; follow-up on outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Learn and maintain a basic understanding of products, procedures, and systems
- Achieve department metrics and expectations
- Participate in a team based environment to achieve department goals
- Associate's degree in a business field or equivalent experience
- One year of call center or customer service experience, or financial services industry experience
- Ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner, orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency using MS Office tools
- Understanding of retirement, life, and annuity investment products
- Office/call center environment
- May work varied shifts
This job description is not a contract of employment nor for any specific job responsibilities. The Company may change, add to, remove, or revoke the terms of this job description at its discretion. Managers may assign other duties and responsibilities as needed. In the event an employee or applicant requests or requires an accommodation in order to perform job functions, the applicable HR Business Partner should be contacted to evaluate the accommodation request.Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind... to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.Technical Assistance:
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.