Human Resources Specialist
- Posted: May 12, 2022
The Human Resources Specialist reports to the People & Culture Manager and assists in the day-to-day operations of the People & Culture department. The Specialist assists with the administration of policies, procedures, and programs within the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource informational systems (HRIS) and filing, employee relations, training and development, recruiting and onboarding, benefits, compensation, organizational development, employment, and all associated compliance.
The Specialist supports HR practices and objectives that will provide a team-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a happy workforce.
TransWest is a fast-growing disruptor in the often-stagnant mobility/transportation space. We provide creative thinking with superb client service and cost-effective solutions to transportation challenges large and small. TransWest develops and delivers custom mobility services, valet/parking management, and off-site parking procurement solutions for some of the most innovative and demanding clients throughout North America. We take great pride in delivering quality service that is unmatched in our industry.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company.
- Supports the Payroll & Benefits Specialist in the review and process of all clerical and personnel records and enrollment of eligible team members into all company benefit plans, ensuring all information is complete and filed timely according to HR standards.
- Helps maintain employee-related records, files, and databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for Leadership, as necessary or requested.
- Partners with Leadership to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Supports Recruiting by reviewing resumes, scheduling and conducting phone and in-person interviews.
- Screen and assess candidate's relevant knowledge, skills, and experience in a consistent manner.
- Attends offsite job and recruiting fairs
- Prepare recruiting materials and on-boarding paperwork
- Set the tone of excitement and positivity in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Facilitate background checks, drug screens, DOL compliance, Driving Abstracts etc.
- Stay current on the company's organizational structure, policies, and state and federal laws pertaining to fair employment practices.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provides as-needed benefits administration services and assistance with any claim issues.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of Team Members and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned by People & Culture Management.
KEY POSITION COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows and Office environment. Must include strong Excel ability and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- Growth mindset; curious; persistent learner
- Detail oriented with a passion for both data and people.
- Servant leader with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Effective, direct communicator
- Strong EQ, flexible and self-aware
- Comfortable leading and communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Sense of humor
- Bias for action
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in Human Resources positions.
- 1-3 years of recruiting and conducting interviews
- Specialized training or experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Human Resources Specialist job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
- Experience working within an HRIS system (Paycom a plus).
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS) preferred (Workable a plus)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K with matching. PTO and Paid Holidays. Opportunities for advancement and career growth.
BusinessView all jobs at TransWest