Fleet B Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Through accurate tracking and scheduling, the B level Fleet technician is responsible for proactive fleet maintenance, performing complex work/issues, diagnostics, major repairs as needed for fleet vehicles and needed repairs for fleet vehicles. The Fleet technician works with the operations team and other techs to maintain safe and reliable vehicles for staff and clients while reacting to service needs, conducting vehicle repair in the field, orchestrating vehicle change outs, while ensuring minimal service interruptions.
TransWest is a fast-growing disruptor in the often-stagnant mobility/transportation space. We provide creative thinking with superb client service and cost-effective solutions to transportation challenges large and small. TransWest develops and delivers custom mobility services, valet/parking management, and off-site parking procurement solutions for some of the most innovative and demanding clients throughout North America. We take great pride in delivering quality service that is unmatched in our industry.
- Regularly inspecting vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering and exhausts condition and operational safety; ensure maintenance of the highest level, including physical appearance.
- Repairing vehicle transmission, brakes, engines and other associated parts.
- Address immediate fleet concerns and maintain fleet maintenance records: review driver defect reports daily, review PMs and trouble-shoot/resolve issues to reduce the number of road calls and ensure a prominent level of safety within all operations.
- Track daily vehicle reports, labor hours, maintenance, and repair records to ensure all maintenance files are accurate and current.
- Conducting field visits in the case of an emergency or sudden breakdown, make appropriate arrangements to have inoperable vehicle or equipment repaired or towed.
- Supports the IT Team in the management of on-board shuttle technology such as Wi-Fi devices, telematics systems and vehicle tablets to ensure the systems are functional and installed accordingly.
- Preparing work plans after fully scoping out the issue
- Test driving repaired vehicles to gauge their performance.
- Running diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpreting the results to offer suitable solutions
- Maintaining records of parts inventory and serviced vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY POSITION COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance practices in a commercial setting, servicing a variety of vehicles.
- Vehicle maintenance shop management and the mechanical workings of gasoline and diesel chassis.
- Knowledge of vehicle electronics and aftermarket equipment used in passenger transportation.
- Knowledge of maintenance tracking systems and applicable computer software (fleet telematics).
- Knowledge of software applications, proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, & Excel), and ability to learn other applicable software as required.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting basics.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain regular workflow while responding to emergent issues.
- Ability to work in a stressful and possibly disruptive environment.
- Effective, direct communicator.
- Strong EQ, flexible and self-aware.
- Comfortable leading and communicating with large team.
- Take direction from the Fleet Manager or the A-Technician pertaining to work assignments and priorities.
- As needed fill in as a make ready technician to ensure our vehicles are ready for service by client and account requests.
- Sense of humor.
- Bias for action.
- HD ASE certified.
- Experience working with HD Electrical Systems, brakes, and suspensions.
- Knowledgeable in reading software diagnostics (Insight, ALLData).
- HVAC certified.
- Power Train Certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience working with a variety of vehicles, including Transit buses.
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Current Washington State Drivers license or able to obtain a Washington State Drivers License within 30 days of start date or transfer.
- Must have an active US DOT Medical Card or be able to obtain a US DOT Medical Card by the start date
- Commercial Driver's License (Class A or B) with a P Endorsement.
- Ability to be flexible in schedule to meet operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Must be willing to work in outside environments, which may include inclement weather.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
-Pay rate of $35-$45 an hour DOE
-$5,000 sign on bonus
-Annual Pay Increases
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k with matching available for full time employees
-PTO accruals starting on Day 1 with increasing levels based on year's of service
TransWest Culture: Come join our close knit team. We enjoy having summer BBQs, holiday parties, games, contests and so much more at our bus yards and in the office.
AutomotiveView all jobs at TransWest