Assistant Property Manager
- $16 to $19 Hourly
At TransWest Properties we care about our employees and support a culture where everyone matters and works collectively to get the job done.
If this is what you are looking for, then TransWest Properties wants your unique and varied talents; your experiences; and your strong work ethic for our beautiful community, as an Assistant Property Manager.
Apply now to join our team!
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
- SUMMARY: Assists the Property Manager in managing apartment complex for owners by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shows prospective tenants apartments and explains occupancy terms.
- Prepares leases for tenants and collects specified rents and late fees.
- Answers telephone calls as backup to leasing consultants.
- Coordinates the collections of all rents and the deposits of all rents.
- Coordinates all collection actions such as late notices and evictions.
- Coordinates all lease renewal procedures.
- Coordinates all data entry in computer.
- Assists Property Manager in directing bookkeeping functions such as record keeping.
- Assists Property Manager in maintaining and operating the property within budget.
- Maintains a knowledge of the property’s competition.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of all Fair Housing Laws.
- Assists Property Manager in overseeing all paperwork and reporting procedures.
- Participates in all safety procedures.
- Assists Property Manager in preparing periodic inventory of building contents and property condition.
- Takes tenant complaints about malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods, and inspects vacated apartments to determine needed repairs or maintenance.
- Assists Property Manager in enforcing safety regulations.
- Reports any violations of policies and procedures of the NCH Corporation.
- Reports any violation of any city, state or federal law by any employees of the NCH
- Meets all reporting deadlines as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
GOALS (These are GOALS, not REQUIREMENTS)
- To maintain zero past due rents by the end of every month-end accounting period.
- To obtain 100% lease renewals each month.
- To exceed leasing quotas of 50% phones calls to traffic and 33% traffic to leases.
- To maintain an average occupancy percentage of at least 95% over each twelve month period.
- To keep customer complaints to a maximum of three complaints per year.
- To keep customer satisfaction and resident retention to a maximum.
- To keep economic vacancy loss to a maximum of 5% per year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Six months to one year related experience and/or training is desired and a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and this employee will be required to walk frequently and to climb stairs on a weekly basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet. The duties of this job make the environment moderately stressful.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS - Ability to keep workplace neat and orderly. Ability to give attention to detail. The ability to follow through on assignments.
- PROBLEM SOLVING/CRISIS MANAGEMENT SKILLS - Ability to handle difficult people. Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines and to accurately perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- SALESMANSHIP - Ability to lease apartments and to meet sales quotas.
- LEARNING SKILLS - Ability to learn new industry standards.
- COMPUTER SKILLS - Ability to understand basic computer commands. Ability to use basic word processing software.
Embark on a rewarding career with Transwest Properties, where you'll enjoy unparalleled support and growth opportunities!
TransWest PropertiesOklahoma City, OK
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.