Associate General Counsel
- Posted: over a month ago
TransTech Energy is a leading provider of engineered equipment solutions for processing, storing, distributing, and utilizing a wide variety of liquids and gases in the energy, renewables, chemical, and industrial end markets. Our diverse manufacturing and design portfolio includes ASME pressure vessels, API storage tanks, TEMA heat exchangers, packaged process equipment, reactors, distillation columns, and other custom designed applications. Our design, construction, and field service capabilities include gas processing, storage, and utilization projects in energy, power, industrial, and biogas markets. As we continue to improve our ESG profile, we are committed to investing in renewable energy technologies, and anticipate this will be an important part of our future growth.
We have offices and manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Texas, Ohio, Oregon, and Montana, and have field teams supporting North and South America. With a strong company culture built on a family atmosphere, we define success by how we impact the lives of the people around us.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, to include sales orders, terms and conditions, master services agreements, subcontractor agreements, purchase orders, equipment leases and non-disclosure agreements.
- Serve as a principal advisor to sales and procurement professionals on a broad range of commercial contracting issues involving domestic and international customers, dealers, distributors, and vendors.
- Conduct and/or facilitate legal due diligence for M&A transactions; prepare due diligence reports or other summary of due diligence findings
- Assist and manage outside counsel in the drafting and negotiation of acquisition agreements and disclosure schedules; draft and negotiate ancillary documents as needed (leases, employment/non-competition, financing, stock option, management agreements, etc.)
- Assist in the review and negotiation of commercial finance documents (credit and security agreements, subordinated notes, seller financing, etc.)
- Assist and manage outside counsel in other legal areas including employment, benefits, intellectual property and leases
- Provide leadership and training to the management team related to legal compliance and other matters, building on the company’s institutional knowledge.
- Plan, organize, and carry out multiple related activities while responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Education: J.D. degree from an accredited law school
- Years of Experience: 2+ years’ experience required, experience drafting and reviewing contractual agreements preferred
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office required
- Travel required up to 15% of the time
- Admission to a state bar
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with the full range of acquisitions, mergers, divestitures and corporate finance transactions is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience
This organization provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?