- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Long Beach Transit Seeks an Analytical, Strategic Manager of Environmental Health and Safety
TransPro Executive Placement, leaders in public sector, executive recruitment, is pleased to present the following opportunity.
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Description: Delivering a progressively complex program of safety, employee, and environmental training and mitigation initiatives, along with regulatory compliance and training, the Manager of Environmental Health and Safety collaborates with Long Beach Transit senior executives to assurance a safe healthy environment in the workplace and community. Driven, analytical, detail oriented, able to make quick decisions, and results focused the Manager of Environmental Health and Safety is knowledgeable, and proactive. The Safety Manager take initiative to direct and oversee regulatory compliance, regulatory training, and program evaluation.
Location: Long Beach, CA
Why Long Beach Transit: Long Beach Transit (LBT) is dedicated to connecting communities and moving people…making everyday life better. LBT provides public transportation to more than 23 million annual boarding customers across southeastern Los Angeles County and northwestern Orange County.
For more information about Long Beach Transit, please visit: www.ridelbt.com
Key Competencies & Characteristics:
- Conducting risk assessments and developing and implementing strategies to mitigate and prevent risks
- Developing and training corrective and preventive action identification and implementation strategies
- Developing and monitoring health and safety products and hazard control/mitigation techniques
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining safety management systems
- Development, implementing, and monitoring safety trainings/programs
- Analyzing and supporting reporting for the National Transit Database
- Developing and monitoring systems for accident reporting
- Developing, training, and implementing principles and methods of incident investigations, job hazard analyses, hazard mitigation
- Developing and training emergency response planning and responsibilities
- Evaluating and updating bus safety regulations
- Authoritatively delivers expert knowledge in the areas of safety, health, and environmental compliance to support safe a workplace and service delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety or industrial/environmental background
- Class B Operator’s License will be required within the first year
AddressLong Beach, CA
Get fresh Manager Environmental Health & Safety jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.