Chief Operating Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Rock Region METRO (METRO) in Little Rock, Arkansas
Seeks Strategic, Delivery Focused Chief Operating Officer
TransPro Executive Placement, leaders in public sector executive recruitment, is pleased to present the following opportunity.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Description: The Chief Operating Officer will oversee METRO’s service offerings, including METRO Local, the fixed route bus service, METRO Streetcar, METRO Links, the on-demand paratransit service, and METRO Connect, the microtransit service. The Chief Operating Officer will ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and regulations pertaining to public transit, including safety and security, demonstrate competency and understanding of transit planning, and experience improving operational service quality and customer experience.
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 annually
Why METRO: Rock Region METRO (METRO) is the largest public transit provider in Arkansas, serving almost three million passengers per year in the Little Rock region. METRO is seeking a qualified Chief Operating Officer to build a legacy of excellent customer service and a culture of compliance and safety.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of transit operations including ADA, planning, drug and alcohol, safety, and security.
- General knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management.
- Knowledge of the organization and operations of administrative programs.
- Laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and codes applicable to the functional areas.
- Policies, procedures, and functions of METRO.
- Principles of labor relations and collective bargaining.
- Understanding of basic planning principles and the ability to implement planned service changes.
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching, and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Methods and techniques of preparing transportation summary reports and transportation related documents.
- Principles of employment development, recruitment, selection, and placement procedures and practices.
- Public transit technology and information systems capabilities and issues.
- Principles of management, supervision, and training.
- METRO’s routes & schedules.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Specialized software related to functional area.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the public in a team-oriented environment.
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and legislation and ensures METRO's compliance.
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise work and staff engaged in the assigned functional areas.
- Professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Provide leadership, inspire, and motivate others to perform well, accept feedback from others. Make oneself available to staff; provide regular performance feedback; and develop subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Analyze and resolve a variety of complex organizational, staffing, space needs and other issues.
- Display willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Gather, assemble, analyze, and evaluate facts, evidence, data and other information in order to draw reasonable and fair conclusions and make sound decisions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Handle difficult people and situations.
- Learn agency and department operating policies, procedures, systems, methods, and tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the Fixed Route, Paratransit, Streetcar and Microtransit Departments. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems with the Executive Director, and recommends necessary changes.
- Implements planned service into operation.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local statues and regulations and develops a culture of compliance throughout the enterprise.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and experience using customer information to target operational metrics and improve service delivery.
- Serves as liaison between the Authority and the bargaining unit. Will be called upon to represent the Authority in first or second stage grievance process. Serves on the Authority’s negotiating team for labor contract renewal.
- Investigates and resolves escalated personnel issues. All terminations involving Operations Department employees must be approved by the Director of Operations.
- Assists in the development of proposals, requests for proposals, and contracts for service. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Reviews all accidents and incidents for injuries and liability exposure as well as to ensure proper procedures were followed.
- Work requires managing and monitoring work performance of a division including evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, establishing broad organizational goals and realigning work and staffing assignments for the division.
- Recommends or implements policy development changes. Interaction with others outside the organization requires exercising participative management skills that support team efforts and quality processes.
This job description excludes marginal functions that are incidental to performing the job. Other duties may exist.
- Four (4) years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be acceptable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in public transportation, with four (4) years of experience in an operations environment and three (3) years of supervisory experience.
AddressLittle Rock, AR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?