Logistics Management Trainee
TransAm Trucking Olathe, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
the role | A Planning Management Trainee is responsible for...
- Balancing and maintaining equipment availability by routing outbound drivers in surplus regions to deficit areas with coverage needs.
- Pairing trucks that are empty or unloading soon with freight needing to be picked up, and confirming dispatch assignments with other internal departments.
- Ensuring efficient turnaround time for loads to minimize driver downtime.
- Implementing contingency logistics plans to secure on-time freight delivery in the event of an en-route breakdown or accident.
the requirements | This will be a perfect fit for you if...
- You are self-motivated with a desire to learn about the growing transportation industry. No previous experience required.
- You are highly computer proficient and able to learn and navigate multiple advanced-level programs.
- You have a flexible schedule.
- You can think quickly in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You are highly analytical and organized and enjoy uncovering hard-to-find solutions.
the details | What are the hours and pay?
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Training Pay: $17.31 per hour
- Pay increase upon successful completion of training
the perks | What's in it for you?
- A casual, smoke-free work environment.
- Superb benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverage, and 401(k).
- Paid Time Off that increases with tenure.
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and Costco memberships
TransAm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination.
Our mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver, employee, and customer experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. By listening to our drivers, employees, and customers, we endeavor to create a better trucking company.
TransAm TruckingWhy Work Here?
An established company that offers excellent benefits, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to advance your career!
TransAm Trucking, Inc. is a full truckload refrigerated trucking company specializing in hauling time and temperature sensitive products. We have been in business since 1987 and have enjoyed a steady, controlled growth over the years. Our corporate office is located in Olathe, Kansas with terminals located in Rockwall, TX and Tampa, FL. Our business focuses on hauling freight for manufacturers, distributors and other truckload shippers with dry or refrigerated freight. TransAm operates 1200 tractors with 2400 trailers and services the majority of the continental United States. Our mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver, employee, and customer experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. By listening to our drivers, employees, and customers, we endeavor to create a better trucking company.
15910 s 169 hwyOlathe, KS