A growing federally chartered digital bank, is seeking a seasoned, highly motivated, customer centric, Vice President /Customer Experience-Call Center Manager. This dynamic sales leader will develop and drive our newly launched digitial banking call center team based out of Melville, New York and/or Midtown, Manhattan. This critical role will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Digital Call Center, ensuring all service levels are met through digital applications, live chat communications, emails, and inbound calls, while striving to exceed expectations and goals. Directs, coaches, and educates team while fostering an environment that emphasizes our sales & customer service culture, teamwork, and quality control functions.
· Responsible for developing a team that will deliver a high level of customer service to in accordance with sales and digital innovations mission;
· Responsible for ensuring valued client relationships by discovering client’s needs, building relationships; and recommending relevant products and services;
· Identify and establish key performance metrics and targets for the call center and ensure those standards are met or exceeded;
· Prepares and delivers monthly performance reports driving targets among the team;
· Analyzes sales, service, and phone reports to recommend strategies that will ensure goals are met or exceeded and that customer calls, emails, and other communications are handled timely and effectively;
· Ensures staff is recognized by assisting in development and tracking of performance based quarterly bonus incentives;
· Promotes professional growth & development among reporting staff, and recognizes superior performance;
· Ensure staff performance is monitored and promotions and disciplinary action are recommended timely;
· Oversee and/or act as liaison for more complex technical call center phone systems;
· Ensure full understanding of call center department deployed technology, and new products and/or phone related services, to include call management systems, call flow, etc;
· May act as liaison to IT department and/or third party technical vendors;
· Ensures customer complaints and issues are resolved adequately and timely;
· Applies expanded knowledge base of fraud schemes to assist in handling specialized fraud functions identity theft and cross- channel fraud;
· Determines next action based on research results to mitigate fraud loses.
· Communicates with department management to effectively facilitate both upward and downward communication and feedback, having crucial conversations, as required;
· Establishes positive employer-employee relationships, promoting a high level of inter-department morale, trust, and high integrity;
· Exercises discretion and independent judgment in interpreting procedures in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations;
· Participates in community activities or employer sponsored events to support our mission.
· Monitors, assigns, and reviews management work assignments and projects, recommending and implementing efficiencies and cost savings.
· Ensures prompt hiring practices in accordance with HR, and that staff levels are adequately maintained within approved operating plan;
· Responsible for department audit compliance including but not limited to addressing and clearing recommendations and possible findings;
· Provides feedback on new/existing programs, procedures, and processes, ensuring timely communication and clear understanding.
· Minimum of 5 years Banking/Digital Banking/Call Center sales management experience;
· Highly effective relationship building, sales and client service management skills
· Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred;
· Thorough understanding of digital/retail banking products and regulatory requirements;
· Strong expertise with a CRM (Hubspot preferred);
· Excellent writing, communication; leadership and interpersonal skills;
Salary is up to 120K