Excellent Real Estate Firm looking or a Regional Property Manager to handle the following t
The Regional Property Manager will be responsible, under the direction of the EVP of Operations for overseeing the operation of a portfolio of properties through subordinate personnel and monitor fiscal and occupancy status for properties through regular reports. The Regional Property Manager is responsible for direct budget preparation, monitoring budgets, preparing reports of activities and fiscal status, monitoring operating practices and procedures and recommending changes to promote efficiency, participating in pre-employment interviews, supervising, evaluating performance and training site personnel. Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other team members will not only improve the job you do but enhance the entire work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor collections, collection loss, vacancy reports, court filings, etc. through computer generated and manual reporting systems, conversations, and meetings.
• Review and take appropriate action on resident transfer requests.
• Provide assistance and direction in the development of the annual budget.
• Monitor budget through monthly reports and provide input regarding status of budget as needed.
• Ensure that resident lease terminations and grievance hearings are properly processed.
• Monitor lease enforcement by providing information and assistance as needed.
• Meet with residents, resident organizations, and external agencies to receive input regarding the operation of housing programs, assess needs, and address concerns.
• Oversee the development and implementation of marketing plans and strategies in order to promote high levels of occupancy.
• Ensure that residents receive available services by cooperating with service providers to deliver services to residents.
• Oversee schedule for emergency on call responsibility and follow-up on emergencies to ensure proper handling.
• Preparation and submission of monthly report detailing the prior month’s occupancy and fiscal performance.
• Participate in pre-employment interviews and make hiring recommendations as needed. Although the Regional Manager would typically only interview the PM, there may be times when interviews of other site personnel is warranted.
• Interpret and apply Management personnel policies, departmental policies, and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Monitor performance of subordinates through periodic inspections of properties and information reports.
• Conduct or coordinate training programs for all new employees, and periodic training for other employees.
• Coordinate staffing to assure that all properties are adequately staffed.
• Prepare and review performance appraisals and discuss with subordinates as appropriate.
• Counsel employees regarding job performance and document in accordance with established procedures.
• Recommend disciplinary action as needed.
• Conduct periodic staff meetings.
• Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of policies and procedures and prepare revisions and recommend changes as needed.
• Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") rules and regulations that apply to property management.
• Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
• Basic knowledge of building maintenance, fire prevention and liability reduction principles.
• Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
• Ability to maintain required records such as tenant files, vacancy reports, etc.
.• Bachelor's degree in management, business administration, social science area, or closely related field.
• Minimum of five years experience in property management (preferably, some in public housing) and experience involving public contact preferred.
• Certifications related to the position (COS, EIV, LIHTC, etc.).
• Valid Driving License and automobile insurance.
Trandon Associates, Inc