Director Glazing Design and Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
High end interior glass designer and manufacturing company seeking a Director Glazing Design and Engineer to join their team.
Seeking a highly motivated and talented individual willing to support our team which includes CAD operators, Project Managers, Hardware ordering, Logistics and Sales while working with Glazing Companies, General Contractors, Architects, Developers and Designers. This person will need to have a complete understanding of our current product offerings and will suggest new products while helping do R&D and manage the certification of new products. This person must assist in designing any custom solutions or resolving mismatches of hardware and glass or working through site issues including as built issues requiring items such as deep deflection track or silicone.
This role will also need to work with customers alongside the PM to communicate the status of shop drawings, glass drawings, hardware and glass orders and milestone payments. Managing the Scope (requesting change orders when needed), budget (making sure invoices are issued, vendors are paid, etc), schedule (making sure the project stays on schedule and deadlines are met). They will oversee material sourcing and procurement including making sure that materials can be delivered on time and communicating with accounting team on all payment related matters. They facilitate communication with customers on a regular basis as the job moves along regarding custom elements. They will help manage the installation teams to get answers to field questions.
This position requires understanding of Architectural Contract Documents and Design Concepts with a high level of attention to detail. Our culture is deeply rooted in creativity, implementing systems to improve workflow and 10X Thinking.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Conceiving, Architecting, Designing and Engineering Interior Glass wall systems
· Design custom solutions when needed to meet customer specifications
· Do R&D and assist in certification of new products
· Reading and understanding of CAD drawings, Construction Documents, Architectural and Construction details, and conditions with a design-oriented mindset
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to determine the best solution for our customers and determine technical requirements utilizing a variety of custom hardware solutions and systems
· Daily communication, working directly with high end Glaziers, Architects, Contractors and Tradespeople
· Teamwork, communication, strong interpersonal skills, enforce company culture
· Updating Smartsheets and spreadsheets to track project progress and meeting deadlines
· Improve engineering of products such as our freestanding systems
· Interact daily with Sales and the CAD team to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
· Work with vendors to resolve engineering issues such as smart panel failures
· Verify CAD drawing details regarding any custom aspects
- 4-8 years CAD experience
- 4-10 years of Glazing experience
- At least 2 years industry experience in working in product design or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and five (5) years of additional experience in construction industry
- Proficiency with software in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Works independently and meets schedules and timelines
- Revit and BIM experience is a plus
- Able to work with a diverse team including some outsourced team members
- Comfortable calling clients and resolving design issues
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, mechanics of materials and the ability to think out of the box
Trandon Associates, Inc