The Construction Project Administrator is responsible for overseeing renovation projects for Residential properties based on concepts and designs approved by the principals. The Construction Project Administrator will also have direct responsibility for any and all other tasks, duties and responsibilities required for the satisfactory fulfillment of the position, in accordance with departmental and management needs.
From the viewpoint of project management, the Construction Project Administrator functions as the primary liaison between the Residential Department and vendors/suppliers which are engaged in the projects. The incumbent will track factors such as scheduling, costs, materials, and time-frames, adherence to regulatory issues, and other areas, obtain approval for orders of materials, finishes, etc., and place orders for same.
II. General Responsibilities:
· Supervises the progress of renovation projects, from inception to completion
· Ensures timely fulfillment of all duties, tasks and responsibilities of general contractors
· Ensures all permits are in place, DOB are scheduled and sign offs are obtained
· Functions as internal manager for ownership in regard to all matters related to the projects
· Creates AIA contracts
· Provides input to the Residential Department
· Review of drawings and plans
· Implementation of approved design
· Submittal Approvals
· Ordering of products and material when in BLDG scope and not contractors
· Maintaining records of progress on each project
III. Specific Duties/Responsibilities/Areas of Involvement:
The Construction Project Administrator will effectively coordinate and time-frame all required tasks in a renovation project, and also cooperate with on-site construction superintendents, specialty contractors or subcontractors to keep projects moving forward in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The incumbent will also have responsibility for the coordination of vendors and contractors, and will be able to reach out to the appropriate crafts and skilled trades needed for the successful construction of a specific project.
IV. Other Potential Areas of Involvement:
-Review proposed work plans in conjunction with Architecture Department
-Interface with various BLDG partners regarding construction, architectural and related design issues on an as-needed basis
-Develop and maintain design standards for both residential and commercial properties
V. Measures of Accountability:
In accordance with the guidelines described above, the Construction Project Administrator will be held accountable for the following expectations:
- Executes all project requirements in a timely manner as directed by the SVP of Residential Properties.
- Interfaces with Residential, Commercial, & Architecture departments.
- Uses a high degree of professionalism and business protocol/demeanor in accordance with accepted business practices and company rules, regulations and policies.
VI. Hiring Specifications:
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in a real estate, property management environment, architecture or expediting with NYC experience
- Hands-on, detailed knowledge of architecture and/or construction technology.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D Studio, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as all other computer software specifically used in the Architecture field)
- Project Management Skills - the ability to oversee & coordinate numerous projects simultaneously from start to finish.
- Strong communications skills (verbal & written)
- Highly developed organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to function effectively in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented work environment.