The Executive Chef must manage all aspects of BOH including all outlets, restaurant, private events, café, bar / lounge and supplies operations and manage all the facilities on a daily basis. Must strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in all areas.
- Extensive knowledge of BOH and kitchen operational procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to control all aspects of menu management including creativity and product development, selection balance and mix, cost analysis & pricing.
- Strong ability to review and understand the competition, food trends and customer expectation.
- Strong customer and employee relation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Extensive knowledge of food & labor control procedures.
- Knowledge of restaurant equipment and routine maintenance needs.
- Effective influence, decision & problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., employee, customers, vendors and executive committee.
- Ability to work well in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills,
- Strong presentation skills.
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Culinary School and / or Hospitality Management Degree preferred (AOS or Bachelor’s Degree)
- Certifications as required to comply with local, state and health codes, i.e., food safety and alcohol awareness
- Minimum five years combined experience in an Upscale casual restaurant along with Fine Dining Restaurants for a broad and rounded experience base.