Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all financial issues impacting the agency, including but not limited to assets, liabilities, net assets, revenues, and expenses.
- Continuous cash flow management, financial analysis, forecasting, etc. to maintain a financially healthy organization.
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of financial statements and budgets and comparing performance with operating plans.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of all financial reporting to management, the Board, governmental agencies, and other funders.
- Directs reviews and appraises the performance of finance departments. Provides the necessary coordination between the activities of these units and the rest of the agency. Reviews and recommends budget proposals, operating and administrative policies and procedures from units reporting directly to her/him.
- Assists and advises the Executive Director and COO on all matters, including planning, formulation of overall agency finance policy, objectives and budget.
- Maintains corporate banking relationships, administers banking arrangements and loan agreements, and is responsible for the financial aspects of all procurement and grants management transactions.
- Invests the agency's funds as required, and in conjunction with the Finance Committee of the Board, establishes, coordinates and implements policies for investment of the endowment and other similar funds.
- Works with the Parent organization to ensure adequate insurance coverage for the corporation.
- Presents reports to the Finance Committee of the Board, assuring compliance with agency bylaws and directives of the Board.
- Works integrally with the other members of the Senior Management Team (including SVPs of the agency) to assure the smooth daily operations of the agency.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting and ten years of professional experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and fifteen years of progressive managerial responsibility in an agency or organization of comparable size. CPA is a plus.
- Experience in Non-Profit finance is highly desirable.
- Outstanding financial professional, extensive strategic financial analysis and forecasting experience, exceptional leadership experience and ability to work in a team environment.
- Possesses a high degree of general administrative and management knowledge.