TranSystems’ Columbia and Charleston offices have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Southeast Roadway Practice. Proven leadership ability and significant experience and demonstrated technical excellence in planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of major interstate highway and roadway projects for SCDOT and South Carolina municipalities. Preferred experience includes having established working relationships with SCDOT personnel and previous SCDOT project experience that would include interstate widening and interchange design projects, large complex project experience, roadway widening projects, and bridge replacement projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overall Project Management, supervision and quality of those projects which are assigned to them.
- Assures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client.
- Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Controls project plan by approving design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
- Responsible for client satisfaction.
- Assist the Area Manager and Managing Principals in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the office.
- Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purposes of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
- Provide team leadership. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for finding work for team members in order for team to meet utilization goals.
- Evaluates progress of the staff and results obtained and recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
- Maintains project staff job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Mentors other employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Relays company goals and direction to team members.
- Primary contact for employee problems.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contracts with key people to other organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Civil engineering field.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of design and management experience required of large interstate/roadway transportation projects.
- Microsoft Excel, Office, and various engineering software systems depending on discipline.
- AutoCAD; MicroStation/GEOPAK and In Roads.
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina or ability to obtain within six months.
- Established working relationship and credibility with SCDOT roadway design staff.
- SCDOT plan preparation requirements for roadway projects.
- Strong experience with interstate/roadway design process through application of SCDOT Roadway Design Manual requirements.
- Strong background in the design of large transportation projects for SCDOT and other local transportation agencies.
- Traffic Control/MOT for phased interstate construction.
- Interchange layout design experience including diverging diamond, fully directional fly-over ramps and other conventional interchange configurations.
- SCDOT drainage design, best practices & specifications is a plus.
- Design-Build experience is a plus.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).