The Business Development/Proposal Coordinator is responsible for directly supporting Client Service Teams in the sales and business development process for TranSystems.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, English or related field
- Minimum 3 years of proposal coordinating and writing experience within the AEP industry
- Excellent graphic design capabilities
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with a focus on attention to details
- Mastery of Adobe Creative (particularly InDesign)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
- Applicant must thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of and experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Some travel required
- Familiarity with Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and other local transportation clients is a plus.
All qualified candidates will be required to provide work samples and asked to participate in proficiency screenings, such as graphic design, writing, editing, proofing, and presentation creativity.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the production of business development/marketing support material such as qualification packages, proposals, presentations and leave behind material.
- Initiates go/no-go discussions, analyzes RFQ/RFP, develops and maintains proposal outlines and schedules, coordinate efforts of internal and external team, conducts kick-off meetings, leads strategy sessions and win theme development.
- Develops graphics and layout to further deliver our win themes.
- Writes non-technical sections and heavily edits technical sections for clarity and enhancement of win themes.
- Conducts all formatting and editing to ensure accuracy, persuasiveness and compliance of final documents.
- Guides and coaches pursuit team through shortlist and interview preparation.
- Take leadership role in developing pre-sell material / leave behinds for client meetings and shortlist presentations.
- Major Company Pursuits: Performs as the proposal coordinator in the development of key strategic pursuits. Responsible for documenting and assistance with Capture Management Plans. Assistance with research, strategy and development of win themes. Document red team review meeting discussions.
- Takes ownership of Sales and Forecast Management activities for assigned clients/teams.
- Assists in the development and lead, as needed, the implementation of business development, sales and marketing strategies with assigned Client Service Teams, and in support of regional and national initiatives ranging from collateral material, tradeshow support, photography, advertising, and other programs.
- Sets up, facilitates and actively participates in client action calls every 4-6 weeks. Organizes, documents, distributes, and proactively follows up on action items from client action calls to ensure consistent progress.
- Work independently to maintain and update information in our Marketing Information System (Deltek’s Vision) to include opportunity data, project information, resumes, account strategy/plan, etc.
- Assists in/leads development of office presentations and graphics as needed.
- Regularly contribute ideas on how to improve the firm’s marketing and business development process and initiatives.
- A strong leader with the proven ability to build strong relationships with Client Service Team Leaders/Members, business development team members and other personnel.
- Knowledge and familiarity within the transportation industry, specifically with public, aviation, transit and/or railroad clients is preferred.
- Highly organized with an independent self-starting personality that is effective working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate a wide range of business development and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to maintain an objective, rational perspective while providing a logical, pragmatic and factual approach to problem solving.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Proven ability to work with multiple people in a persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to create attractive proposals and other business development materials, including infographic development
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with a focus on attention to details.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks.
- Strong technical skills with the Adobe Creative Suite,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Deltek’s Vision programs.
- A positive attitude, strong desire to win and the flexibility to do whatever is needed to support the sales and business development process.