This remote, full time project management role will work within the Information Technology Department and the PMO. This is a global team responsible for building and maintaining software applications used by internal and customer users. These tools include Learning Management System, HR System, Intranet, Extranet, Self Service, and Online Catalog App This team involves IT, Marketing and Educational Services.
As a Project Manager, this role is responsible for the day-to-day tracking and management of all major assigned projects using standard PMI framework, reporting to business partners on project progress as required. This role is responsible for preparing the PMO reports related to the projects. The PMO was set up to promote a standardized approach to project management, provide guidance and tools to staff responsible for managing projects and deliver consistent and transparent reporting of the project portfolio.
This is a remote position and the candidate will be working from home. The candidate may travel to Southern California for meetings (5-10% of the time).
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Perform project management of assigned IT projects
- Tracking and communication of project status and key metrics
- Consolidation of status reporting across multiple business lines and programs
- Assist with the production of periodic ad hoc reports and internal reviews/assessments
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required
Skills Requirements and Knowledge:
- 2+ years’ experience in IT project management
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Service oriented, adaptable and resilient
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and control
- Willingness and an enthusiastic attitude to learn and build new skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology as required
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus, but not required
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
The selected candidate will go through a background check and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.