Trailwave Fiber, Inc. Clarkesville, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Installation Technicians are primarily responsible for ber and equipment installations and troubleshooting for residential and commercial customers. This involves working inside, underneath and around customer homes and businesses to install wiring, outlets and equipment as needed. This position will also work with customers to demonstrate equipment, troubleshoot, and explain Trailwave Fiber service features.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
All employees are required to support HEMC's Mission, Vision, and Values. The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of HABERSHAM EMC or Trailwave Fiber, Inc.
- Responsible for completing residential and commercial customer installations, troubleshooting and repair for Trailwave Fiber's broadband utility service.
- Installs and cables within and around buildings in the most efficient and cost effective manner while meeting member needs and expectations.
- Troubleshoots all fiber optic services into the customer home or business, performs repairs, and replaces equipment as needed.
- Patches and splices in fiber optic panels or cables in accordance with work orders or splice diagrams.
- Becomes familiar with all troubleshooting procedures and equipment used in those processes which include but not limited to OTDR and Power Meter.
- Assists with manually digging when a service wire has been damaged.
- Utilizes a bucket truck when work needs to be done in the dome or a service wire needs to be rebuilt.
- Assists customers in configuring router/modem and customer devices for internet access.
- Demonstrates equipment, troubleshoot, and explain Trailwave Fiber service features to customers.
- Fundamental knowledge of routing protocols and hardware platforms to include TCP/IP, IP Routing, DNS, DHCP is desired.
- Courteously addresses member complaints and requests for service.
- Maintains complete records of each installation and work order, and transmits all paperwork to the office on a daily basis. Responsible for keeping record of inventory used on each job.
- Responsible for assigned truck(s), loading and unloading of all materials, and properly reporting any mechanical failure to manager or other designated personnel.
- Must be willing to take stand by and may be called for duty at any time and is expected to report to work if possible
- Makes recommendations to the manager for improvements in operations, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by management to meet the needs of the organization and our members.
Beyond the essential functions and qualifications outlined in this description, this position is required to:
Demonstrate an awareness that the job exists to effectively serve each and every member and customer, and at every opportunity achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the cooperative.QUALIFICATIONS
Requires High School Diploma/Equivalent
Requires at least two years of experience with fiber optic and broadband services installation work, related equipment, and electronics.
- Knowledgeable of fiber optic and Ethernet cables, routers, and related wireless equipment and services.
- Requires the ability to learn HABERSHAM EMC's safety rules and regulations.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with the public.
- Ability to distinguish between colors for cable installation and maintenance work.
- Work independently and also assist other technicians while in the field.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires responsibility, ability to work well as a team member, and to work well independently, as on-call hours will be required.
- Knowledgeable of HEMC's billing policies and procedures, RUS construction specifications, county codes and the National Electric Code.
- Requires the ability to have and maintain a valid Georgia CDL license, and pass and maintain DOT certifications and physical exam.
- Requires the ability to satisfactorily pass Habersham EMC's employment entrance examination and drug screen.
- Require flexibility to be available for overtime, and to work during emergency situations as necessary.
- Experience with broadband fiber optic service installations.
- Working knowledge network technologies and related computer proficiency.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in Utilities industry or with an Electric Cooperative preferred.
This position primarily works on site or near customer locations in various weather conditions, traveling to install and maintain fiber and low voltage services to member homes and businesses. Requires the use of a bucket truck.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires the physical ability to walk on uneven terrain in various weather conditions and construction sites. Also requires physical ability in grasping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, stooping, standing, walking, climbing, lifting, digging and trenching.
Must be able to work from heights including pole, ladder, and bucket truck and roofs. Ability to work in the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl spaces. Pulling/fishing cabling through walls, basements, attics, and crawl spaces as required.
Must be able to communicate and exchange information with others accurately, including hearing and talking with customers. Visual acuity required with machine operation and maintaining accurate computerized records. Ability to distinguish between colors for cable installation and maintenance work.DISCLAIMER
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Trailwave Fiber, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Trailwave Fiber, Inc.