Traffic Management Inc. Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides administration support with the logistical and daily needs of the project management department. Become a vital asset and team member while improving the accuracy as well as efficiency of the work produced from the department.
- Get involved with the department and become a vital component in its success
- Learn how to read construction drawings and identify work areas for estimating purposes.
- Input, verify, and allocate service/rental receipts. Screen for any problems with the receipts and notify the project manager (mistakes, excessive time, missing devices, lack of documentation, etc.). Also, forward receipts from other offices to the correct project manager.
- Complete take-offs against site specific plans (colored plan & counts), create digital copies, save them in the appropriate location, and e-mail them to the project manager
- Create job folders with labels as needed
- Enter rental orders, sales quotes, and cost take-offs as needed
- Assist with the billing process including distributing the billing reports, monitoring progress, and populating billing
- Assist the Dept. to ensure we meet the weekly billing deadlines per the APM Daily Duties Policy & Procedures
- Communicate with Operations (Rental Dept. Dispatch) to provide the necessary documentation for upcoming jobs
- Take and enter requests for quotes (RFQ’s)
- Analyze and plan out customer’s traffic control needs (Job forecasting)
- Collect client / job info: project location, duration, type, services required, etc.
- Maintain TMSoft / Unity database current with project and contact information
- Attend job-walks, site inspections, TCTMC, etc.
- Send prospective credit applications to Client, then process internally with our Credit Dept.
- Complete estimates for all new scopes of work including existing projects. Also for other departments as required
- Create jobs from awarded estimates
- Enter orders (sales, service, rental, plan, permit, etc.) in a timely manner and complete with the required information to do the job.
- Stay up-to-date with schedules of Planning, permits, dispatch & Rental Dept. for pricing and availability
- Work and maintain relationships with the local governing agencies.
- Support and assist with projects and orders through completion
- Create profit & loss reports as needed per job.
- Maintain constant communication with PM's on order status, anticipated approval date, and any issues that may jeopardize the proposed start date and update order statuses to the most current
- Maintain database (both on the computer and physical files) of pertinent information including but not limited to; insurance requirements, application forms, permit types, closure costs, turn-around times, contacts, plans, etc.
Key Performance Expectations:
- Quality & timeliness of work, Department communication, Knowledge of systems, Estimate & Job Preparation, Order & Receipt verification, and billing assistance.
- Working knowledge of construction documentation and pricing; able to read plans and specifications and translating them into estimates
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others as a team to maintain a positive & efficient work environment.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization abilities
- Analytical and financial skills
- Excellent time management and coordinating skills
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills
- Great customer service skills and follow through
- Vehicles (Trucks/Cars) of various sizes
- Flat bed trucks
- Trailer mounted warning signs
- Cones, delineators, drums, barricades, signs and various other traffic control devices
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Requires standing for prolonged periods of time
- Requires lifting up 50lb
- Requires using hands to handle, control or lift objects
- Requires being outside and exposed to environmental conditions
- Requires being in construction environment
- Requires repetitive movement
- Exposure to work near moving mechanical parts, heavy equipment and moving vehicular traffic
- Exposure to reasonable noise levels
- Requires remaining in the seated position for prolonged periods of time
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / Graduate
- Preferred candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree
Traffic Management Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits and room for growth!
BusinessView all jobs at Traffic Management Inc.