- Posted: over a month ago
Traditions Bank, serving South Central Pennsylvania and headquartered in York, PA, is looking to hire a full-time Branch Manager at its White Street, York, location. Can you effectively manage branch sales/performance and motivate great team members? Do you like to pursue new business opportunities and #makeyourmark in the financial services industry? Would you like to join an organization that values respect? If so, please read on.
This branch management position earns a market competitive wage, dependent upon experience. We also offer an abundant benefit program which includes health insurance (medical, dental, vision) on the 1st of the month after 30 days, a health savings account (HSA), 401(k) with company match and profit-sharing, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, Paid Time Off (PTO), and more! Traditions Bank also offers Volunteer Time Off (VTO) to support our associates who are active in their local communities.
Traditions Bank greatly values the people who take care of our clients. We strive to cultivate a positive work environment where our associates can have a meaningful impact on our customers, our communities, and each other. We believe every associate is capable of doing great things, which is why we challenge them to think beyond their job description, expand their skills, and grow careers they can be proud of. It is a priority to develop each associate who wants to develop their career.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BRANCH MANAGER
- Responsible for the highest level of service delivery and setting this tone for team members. Establishes an environment where customer relationships are the primary focus of all business activities.
- Focuses branch actions on meeting established deposit, loan, and fee income goals, both personally and in collaboration with other associates.
- Responsible for implementation of bank policies and procedures and inspecting for desired outcomes. Regularly educates branch bankers on security, operational, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Acquisition of new clients is a primary focus. Engages in needs-based selling by using profiling and data collection.
- Responsible for referring investment services, mortgages, small business loans that meet referral criteria, and merchant services to the appropriate partner.
- Originates small business loans and gathers the documentation required for credit analysis.
- Adds new retail households by selling personal products to the owners and decision-makers of small businesses, both in conjunction with Business Services Partners and through personal business development efforts.
- Serves as the relationship manager for non-credit small business relationships.
- Leads teamwork in the branch and is responsible for coaching and developing branch bankers to ensure increased growth of products and balances as well as retention of clients.
- Ensures that each branch banker has the knowledge, skills, and motivation to effectively carry out planned sales goals and objectives and regularly tracks and communicates associates' progress.
- A Branch Manager/Senior Branch Manager in a universal branch environment will process teller transactions as needed utilizing a cash recycler.
- Ensures each branch banker understands and delivers on the bank's RESPECT service delivery standards.
- Participates in community organizations and activities as a representative of Traditions Bank.
- Actively represents the bank at events and community functions.
- Is a champion for Traditions Bank, and the core values, internally and externally.
- Serves on a non-profit board, in a leadership role or meaningful committee position.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Builds brand awareness by providing exquisite and responsive customer service.
Qualifications For a Branch Manager
- BS or BA preferred. High school (High school diploma) diploma required.
- Two plus years of management or supervisory experience required.
- Three years of direct consumer lending experience is required. Small business sales and lending experience are preferred.
- Proven track record and experience in relationship management, as well as the ability to cross-sell face to face or by phone to both customers and prospects.
- Ability to determine small business and consumer needs by analyzing financial statements and matching products and services accordingly.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact in a team environment and willingness to contribute to team efforts are essential.
- Ability to use effective leadership to train, motivate, and generate enthusiasm among team members is required.
- Problem solving and the ability to use discretionary authority to proactively address customer needs are essential.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as core operating systems.
- The ability to recognize and value the diversity of Traditions Bank's associates, customers, and business partners.
- Responsible for understanding the bank's compliance policies as it relates to the specific individual job duties and following the provisions of such policies, specifically understanding that any violation of such policies must be reported to the Director of Regulatory Services immediately.
- Associate demonstrates personal behaviors exemplary of the core values.
WORK SCHEDULE FOR A BRANCH MANAGER
This full-time, exempt, management position, in banking, works a 40-hour week, including some evening events and Saturday mornings.
READY TO JOIN OUR FRIENDLY, CARING TEAM?
Apply easily through our Careers website: www.traditions.bank/careers
#MakeYourMark at Traditions Bank!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Traditions Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?