Job Title: Behavior Analyst
A Behavior Analyst is a certified professional employed by Trading Spaces ABA LLC , or consultation services to provide services and/or participate in employee training within the broad field of applied behavior analysis (Baer, Wolf, and Risley, 19681). The Behavior Analyst is involved in the development, implementation, and evaluation of interventions with individuals and groups to produce socially significant outcomes in fields such as education, developmental disabilities, child protective services, mental health, residential support and rehabilitation.
Nature of Work
This position is responsible for performing professional work that is substantially varied in nature under general direction from a Program Director, Assistant Program Director, Senior Behavior Analyst, or other appropriate administrator. The Behavior Analyst applies professional training and experience to determine appropriate interventions for clients, to conduct field research, and to carry out other assignments appropriate to the specific program area. Work assignments require significant amounts of interaction with clients, including children, parents, teachers, and institutional staff. Interventions include responding to the behavioral needs of clients which may involve serious behavior problems, developmental issues, autism, and/or issues of abuse or neglect.
Examples of Duties
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
• Provide staff and parent training and on-site support in the area of applied behavior analysis for families and providers.
• Conduct direct observations and assessments of individual clients in their living, educational, and community environments.
• Develop and implement behavior programs, coordinating delivery of appropriate services to clients by providers to achieve therapeutic outcomes.
• Participate in interdisciplinary and/or care review meetings at which behavioral treatment programs are reviewed.
• Collect baseline and intervention data to evaluate outcomes.
• Participate in staff training to enhance the program and to make meaningful contributions to employee education and growth.
• Perform other professional and administrative support duties related to the specific program.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis or a related field, with at least two years of applicable experience; or Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, with one year of professional experience. The Bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement for this position and cannot be waived.
All staff assigned to this classification must obtain national certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or a Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst (BCABA) within 15 months of employment, and such certification must be maintained throughout employment in this classification at Trading Spaces ABA, LLC.