Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Trading Spaces ABA, LLC Glastonbury, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
As the Clinical Social Worker, you advocate for others, be they young or old. You’ll work with clients from every station in life, and sometimes dire economic backdrops, to ease them through transitions, hardships, and mentally tough times.
You’ll be the person who assists them in finding the proper resources to get the care or supplement they need to sustain a certain quality of life. You may also be the link between people and caregivers in the health and psychology professions. As a social worker, you’ll find reward, take risks, and offer viable options for those who may not be capable—or willing—to help themselves. Additionally: You will directly supervise behavior technicians and other staff. The LCSW will be directly accountable to the Clinical Director and CEO of the agency.
Clinical Social Worker Scope of Practice:
On the job, direct social workers will:
· Identify those in need
· Help people of all life stages cope with and solve everyday problems
· Advocate for and develop plans to improve clients’ well-being
· Research and refer clients to community resources
· Work with individuals, families or groups
· Respond to clients in crisis situations
· Work in a variety of public and private organizations
Clinical Social Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical social workers will:
· Observe client behavior, assess needs and create treatment strategies
· Diagnose psychological, behavioral and emotional disorders
· Develop and put treatment plans in place
· Consult with doctors, therapists and medical professionals
· Administer social service programs
· Instruct clients’ families during treatment
Good verbal and written communication skills, bi-lingual preferred. Good supervisory and organizational skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively. Ability to multi-task and work in collaboration with a treatment team. Working knowledge or ability to complete a Functional Behavior Assessment and other Behavioral Assessments tools; ability to engage clients in a therapeutic relationship in individual, family and group modalities of treatment. Ability to design and implement therapeutic interventions to promote positive change. Knowledge of child development. Ability to work well independently. Valid driver’s license required.
Critical Physical Demands:
Definition: Critical demands are the physical capabilities required to perform the essential functions of a job.
· Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to push up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to pull up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to turn repetitively to the right and left while standing.
· Must be able to half-knee/kneel at a constant level.
· Must be able to sustain a forward bending position.
· Must be able to stair climb without a heart rate exceeding 90% maximum heart rate at any time.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling and must be eligible to become an LCSW / LPC / LMHC.
Previous Experience and/or Training:
Two years’ work experience treating individuals with ASD who function at a variety of cognitive levels and exhibits a variety of skill deficits and strengthens. Training in child psychopathology and developmental psychology. Supervisory experience preferred.
Trading Spaces ABA, LLCWhy Work Here?
Room to grow, Great team
Trading Spaces ABA, LLC provides access to evidence-based treatments in our work with children and adolescents diagnosed with autism, developmental disabilities, neurological and behavioral disorders, and mental illness. We utilize Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Occupational Therapy (OT), and Speech Language Pathology (SLP) principles to accomplish individual treatment objectives. Our treatment services can be provided both at home and in community settings. https://www.tradingspacesaba.com/
2800 Main StreetGlastonbury, CT