Trades Masters - National Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibilities of the Network Technician-Fiber Optic Construction is to support the installation of fiber optic cables in existing pathways in both outdoor and indoor settings, maintain control of outside plant (OSP) activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), read and understand cable pulling plans, and taking and maintaining accurate field notes.
This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays, and off hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform cable installation in accordance with industry standards. Read and follow design engineers’ instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field and make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes to support project contracts
- Understand and adhere to customer timelines
- Team player that coordinates and communicates fiber activities with other employees, departments, and management
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Knowledge of cable installation techniques including but not limited to blowing and pulling
- Knowledge of fiber optic cable types, make-up of fiber optic cables, and manufacturer specifications to prevent damage of cables
- Knowledge of basic telecom outside plant construction practices and fiber network design
- Knowledge of basic public right of way and inside plant safety measures
- Knowledge of data center security processes and adhere to the measures they put in place
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make good sound decisions based on information given
- Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Commercial setting slicing both tube and ribbon fiber
Education and Experience:
- Education Level: High School/GED
- Experience: 3+ years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as job experience in similar industry or job experience with similar essential duties
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 75 lbs.; works in all weather conditions
Trades Masters - NationalWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to join an established and growing company!