Trades Industrial Company, Inc. A local upstate prime contractor seeking local candidate for Industrial Foreman position.
Foreman should have at least 4 – 6 years of experience in the piping and HVAC field or related area. Individuals should be knowledgeable of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures within this field.
They should also have a strong understanding of their specific customers’ procedures and policies. Generally, Foreman are assigned to service one to two main customers. They rely heavily on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish tasks and work with limited supervision.
These individuals will be required to lead and direct the work of others. They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform other various activities. They are to observe and follow all safety rules and procedures set forth by OSHA and company. This position shall report to the Project Manager assigned to.
Tasks that Foremen are required to perform include but not limited to:
- Champion and provide leadership resulting in a safe, positive, and respectful work culture.
- Function as on-site quality lead as required to support the Quality Management System.
- Ability to apply basic math arithmetic skills to work related situations.
- Set and maintain work standards and outline behavioral expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in laying out, fabricating, installing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining of piping and HVAC systems and supports.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between customers, vendors, project managers, and other employees regarding current and future projects.
- Strong communication skills especially with respect to directing others.
- Inspects quality of all work to ensure company standards and project specifications are met.
- Assist workers in their performance of assigned duties,
- Analyze and resolve work related problems.
- Review materials received at jobsite to ensure it is correct and not defective.
- Check equipment to ensure proper working conditions.
- Maintain time and track production.
- Interpret and enforce policies and safety regulations per company and customer policy.
- Ability to communicate with PM about establishing and adjusting work sequences to meet schedules.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple employees and projects at once.
- Participate and monitor Monday morning tool box safety meeting.
- Participate in safety/incident investigations and review
- Ensure that all initial safety and hazard assessments required by TICI and our customers are completed before work begins
- Ensure that all permits have been obtained before work begins.
- Provide mentoring to subordinate employees
- Perform assessments of competency and capabilities of subordinate employees while providing training and coaching to ensure that the crew meets required levels of quality.