We are currently hiring experienced Voice and Data Technicians in Central Austin for immediate positions. These positions require experience in Telecommunications installing Network Cabling for the commercial industry.
* Positions for level I Voice and Data Technicians. These techs will have to have basic knowledge of cable installation in the commercial construction field. Knowledge of proper EIA/TIA standards with installation and termination for structured cabling.
* Level II Voice and Data Technicians. These techs will have to have knowledge of installation and termination of Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Fiber Optics. Installation of Backbone Cabling, Support Infrastructure, blue print knowledge and Lead Experience on commercial projects is a plus.
Certified in BICSI or products such as Panduit, Comm Scope, Systimax, Leviton, Corning, or Berg Tek is a definite plus.
For consideration candidates must:
Must have a career mindset and desire to perform well and move up in an organization
Must pass a drug screen
Must pass a criminal background check.
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Must be able to show proof of work eligibility
To Apply send your resume to Auscable@tradestarinc.com or call 512-345-7827
Other job duties include:
* Install and repair telecommunications cable, including fiber optics.
* Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
* Splice cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
* Access specific areas to string lines or install terminal boxes, auxiliary equipment, or appliances, using bucket trucks, or by climbing poles or ladders, or entering tunnels, trenches, or crawl spaces.
* String cables between structures and lines from poles, towers, or trenches and pull lines to proper tension.
* Pull cable through ducts by hand or with winches.