We are looking for several Technicians for large projects in the Austin area. These positions are long term and offer an opportunity to work with some of the best companies in the state.
• At least 2 years experience in structured cabling
• Familiar with all EIA/TIA standards.
• Capable of identifying, pulling and labeling 5e, Cat 6 and fiber optic cable.
• Installing support structures (J-hooks, support rings, cable slings and cable tray / ladder rack). Termination of work station outlets and closet equipment (110 & 66 blocks, Patch panel)
• Should have some exposure to fiber terminations.
• Experience with both ends of basic level testing as well as high level testing and documentation. Termination experience with multi-pair / strand cable (Copper and fiber).
• Capable of reading blue prints, identifying cable paths and some assistance with site surveys, and bidding.
For consideration you must:
• have reliable transportation
• show us a current, valid Driver License
• provide proof of employment eligibility
• be able to pass a criminal background check
• be able to pass a drug screen
• be willing to travel within a 50 mile radius of the office
• be willing to work days, nights and weekends if needed
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, APPLY NOW using our quick apply method or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call (512) 345-7827.
Other job duties include:
* Install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment used in central offices or headends.
*Service or repair telephone, cable television, Internet, and other communications equipment on customers' property.
*May install communications equipment or communications wiring in buildings.
* Note differences in wire and cable colors so that work can be performed correctly.
* Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
* Test repaired, newly installed, or updated equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications, using test equipment and observation.
* Inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
* Repair or replace faulty equipment such as defective and damaged telephones, wires, switching system components, and associated equipment.
* Remove and remake connections to change circuit layouts, following work orders or diagrams.
* Remove loose wires and other debris after work is completed.
* Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
* Test connections to ensure that power supplies are adequate and that communications links function.
* Designate cables available for use.
* Run wires between components and to outside cable systems, connecting them to wires from telephone poles or underground cable accesses.
* Route and connect cables and lines to switches, switchboard equipment, and distributing frames, using wire-wrap guns or soldering irons to connect wires to terminals.
* Measure distances from landmarks to identify exact installation sites for equipment.