Fire & Security Designer
Houston based Security, Fire, and Access Control Integrator with a market presence dating back to the 1990’s is seeking a full time, experienced Designer. The qualified candidate will have extensive experience designing Life Safety, Access Control/Security, and Surveillance systems. This position will use CAD software to provide layouts, detailed drawings, sketches and diagrams related to low voltage systems installed in commercial, government, educational, and industrial structures.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience performing design work in the Life safety and Security industry specifically for commercial construction.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and various office equipment related to the position.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Revit and/or other software utilized in design work.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Computer Aided Drafting
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others.
- Conflict resolution skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use CAD equipment and software to develop access control, life safety, and surveillance/security system designs.
- Utilize knowledge of construction, low voltage transmission, building materials, etc. to complete drawings.
- Exercise excellent communications skills and demonstrate the ability to work with others
- Interact professionally with peers, clients, and suppliers.
- Prepare drawing packages.
- Conduct QA/QC reviews of all drawings and drawing packages
- Understand terminology related to construction and commercial/industrial low voltage applications.
- Problem seeking and solving
- Ability to proactively determine project scope, specs, and design criteria and subsequently communicate the information to a team.
This position is a full time, direct hire role. Compensation includes a base salary + quarterly incentive based upon division performance. Benefits include company subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, matching 401K, one week paid vacation after 90 days followed by two weeks of paid vacation after one year of service with additional days added for every year of service.