Inside Machinist Job Description:
1) Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques: Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
2) Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
3) Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
4) Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
5) Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
6) Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
7) Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
8) Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, handtools, and power tools.
9) Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
10) May install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
-OSHA 10 Maritime a plus
-Must have 5-10 years of Experience
-Must have reliable transportation
-Must pass pre-employment physical and drug test.
Backed by a large maritime corporation, our goal is to take our strong financial footing and expand our industry reach. We provide highly skilled, trained and tested workers to our clients and solid jobs to our reliable workers.
Trade Team specializes in staffing and recruitment for marine, industrial, construction and manufacturing companies. Our primary service footprint is in the Hampton Roads area of eastern Virginia, and we serve out-of-town port areas along the Gulf Coast, Eastern Seaboard and Great Lakes Region.
Your Team + Our Team = One Team
Temporary marine and industrial skilled workers, light industrial, distribution, manufacturing, temp to perm and direct hire middle and upper management, weld testing, safety training
Staffing and Recruiting
4339 Indian River Road Cheapeake, Virginia 23325 United States
2057 Mayport Rd Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
*San Diego, CA*
801 Civic Center Dr. National City, Ca. 91950
2520 Denny Ave, Pascagoula, MS 39567