Trade Design Build New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Design/Build firm seeking experienced Lead Carpenters
Position is located in Ithaca, NY
Trade Design Build is looking to hire a full-time Lead Carpenter, with solid experience in the residential and/or commercial markets. We offer very competitive wages, paid time off, health insurance, retirement benefits, and bonuses.
Lead Carpenters will be responsible for executing daily construction work, leading crews of Carpenters and Entry Level Carpenter/Laborers on both Residential and Commercial projects, and working with the Project Managers to coordinate and deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
Lead Carpenters need to balance their managerial responsibilities with their need to perform work and lead and organize the job site. It is their responsibility to make sure all the Carpenters have clear direction along with the necessary tools and materials to complete the work in a timely manner. Additionally, they are responsible for any necessary in-field coordination with the subcontractors and vendors.
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience in the construction industry with 5 plus in a leadership role
- Have and maintain a basic set of hand tools and power tools necessary for their trade
- Have a clean driver's license and vehicle with ability to transport materials and tools
- Ability to maintain a professional and clean appearance
- Some work experience where you were responsible for organizing and leading a team of people.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a crew of carpenters and laborers in executing a variety of construction tasks in a timely and effective manor
- Good communication skills and capacity to be respectful and courteous of others
- Strong eye for details and have the ability to produce clean and high quality work
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience reading and working off of drawings and details
- Ability to take direction well and execute tasks in a timely manner
- Capacity to work diligently and effectively with others and independently
- Extensive understanding of how their work integrates with other trades
- Comfort in using computer programs and digital media for logging time, inter-company communication, receipt tracking, and job documentation
- Strong interest in learning new skills and understanding evolving trade practices
- Good critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot well on the job
- Ability to do material take offs and coordinate material orders for upcoming work
If interested, please reply to this add and we will be in touch to set up an interview.
Trade Design Build
AddressNew York, NY
ConstructionView all jobs at Trade Design Build