Systems Administrator (Ref #2118-L)
Toyon Research Corporation Sterling, VA
- Posted: June 18, 2021
Toyon Research Corporation is seeking a full-time experienced Systems Administrator passionate about solving problems to work either in our Sterling, VA office. Our Systems Administration team is relied upon to empower our users and IT teams with robust reliable solutions, while reducing toil, technical debt, and downtime. Specifically, we are searching for someone with a strong background in problem-solving, with a vigorous drive to learn and grow their technical knowledge while improving service reliability across the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Stewardship of all systems and network infrastructure throughout their operational lifecycle
- Ensure that backups of all systems are functioning correctly and are regularly tested
- Ensure that all systems are patched and hardened, and meet compliance requirements
- Ensure that network systems are operating in an optimal manner
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions when systems are operating sub-optimally
- Expand observability to improve decision making and reduce time to resolution
- Work in tandem with our Service Desk & Site Reliability Engineering to provide performant, reliable, and secure services
- Work towards the continual improvement of systems performance, reliability, and compliance.
- With an eye towards improving capabilities while anticipating and solving customer needs
- Improve and maintain system documentation
- Incident response handling and root cause analysis
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Firm understanding of NIST 800-171/CMMC requirements and the applicability of their technical controls
- Familiarity with one or more of the following scripting languages:
- Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience configuring and maintaining Network Switches, Routers, and Firewalls
- Firm understanding of networking concepts and their corresponding applications
- e.g. 802.1x, vLANs, Dynamic Routing Algorithms, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL Databases
- Experience with web servers, load balancers, and web application firewalls
- Experience with Virtual Machines, common hypervisors and their corresponding ecosystems
- Experience with log management/aggregation platforms Splunk, Elastic Stack, etc.
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration, Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiarity with system automation/configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Strong familiarity with Linux, MacOS, Windows command-line interfaces
- Self-starter with interest in expanding existing knowledge of technical systems
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Desire to eliminate manual and repetitive tasks through automation
- Desire to continuously learn and improve
U.S. Citizenship is Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Toyon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Toyon Research Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Toyon Research Corporation