Manufacturing Technician $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Toyoda Machinery USA Corporation Novi, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is eligible to receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus. The bonus will be distributed in two $500 payments - the first installment payable after first 30 days and the last installment payable after completion of the first 90 days.
The Opportunity: We are searching for a Manufacturing Technician to join our Remanufactured Products Division (RPD). The Manufacturing Technician develops economical solutions to technical issues with the company’s complete offering of machine tool products. The Manufacturing Technician will troubleshoot mechanical and structural issues, ultimately supporting the daily operations of the engineering team.
What We Offer:
- An environment that encourages strong work ethics and values
- Opportunity for growth within our Company
- Great benefits and competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with low premiums
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous Company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and PTO
- Variety of optional benefits (FSA, AFLAC, etc.) …And more!
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Install, repair, and/or rebuild all machines, systems, and automation equipment
- Identify and resolve any functional issues that occur with machines used for demonstration
- Support the field team with on-site installation assistance, technical support, and event preparation for trade show settings
- Analyze findings to determine the source of mechanical and/or technical issues with the full product line
- Coordinate problem resolution and recommend repair, replacement, and/or other corrective action for the full product line
- Monitor product quality and efficiency
- Execute other tasks related to special events or the manufacturing process on an as-needed basis
Travel: The Manufacturing Technician must be flexible for company funded travel during 0-20% of their typical work week. Some projects require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International and overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push at least 100 pounds and lift at least 50 pounds
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Ability to climb/descend ladders and the ability to bend/twist
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.) is highly desired
- Electrical and/or mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of machining fundamentals is/are highly desired
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED, etc.)
- 0-5 year(s) of experience with applying electrical and/or mechanical knowledge to engineering-related concepts
- 0-5 year(s) of experience with repair and/or fabrication of mechanical assemblies
- 1-5 year(s) of experience with close-tolerance machining and related metrology is highly desired
- 1-5 year(s) experience with repair of mechanical devices is highly desired
- 1-5 year(s) experience with support and/or development of engineering documentation is highly desired
- Prior application of the appropriate education, experience, and licensing to the Toyoda product line is highly desired
- Post-secondary certificate or licensing in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired
- Baccalaureate degree in maintenance technology, engineering, or other applicable discipline is highly desired
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is mostly performed in a manufacturing setting with exposure to health or safety hazards that requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hearing protection.
EOE/AA: All are encouraged to apply.
From two-man job shops to high-volume production lines, manufacturing facilities have relied on Toyoda Machinery USA for over 70 years. We understand our success lies not only with our machines, but with our dedicated Engineering and Support departments. Look no further to see the technology of tomorrow, because at Toyoda, that ingenuity begins here.
Toyoda Machinery USA Corporation
Ingenuity begins here. From two-man job shops to high-volume production lines, manufacturing facilities have relied on Toyoda Machinery USA for over 70 years. We understand our success lies not only with our machines, but with our dedicated Engineering and Support departments. Look no further to see the technology of tomorrow, because at Toyoda, that ingenuity begins here.
51300 Pontiac TrailNovi, MI