CNC Application Engineer
Toyoda Machinery USA Corporation Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Application Engineer positions the company as an industry leader by providing technical support for the entire sales lifecycle and by providing programming training to end users. This role will also focus on demo development and testing of new cutting technology, while collaborating with engineering management and the marketing team.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Turnkeys, develop a manufacturing process by generating machine cutting program(s), implementing tooling and fixturing based on a customer’s proposal. While maintaining a mandated schedule, cycle time and quality level.
- Design and implement cutting demos with a focus on new technologies and products
- Work with marketing to document cutting demos and development items
- Provide programming training for end users based on customized needs of each application
- Develop and present contents of scheduled programming classes to both internal and external customers
- Support other internal staff with intermediate to advanced level technical knowledge for the full product line
- Provide technical customer support for programming and process issues
- Support the full sales life cycle by performing customer visits, product demonstrations, time studies, etc.
- Communicate with internal sales force and customers regarding project process updates via phone and email
- Support training and/or coaching of internal and external customers in relation to advanced manufacturing concepts
- Execute other technical tasks related to special events (ToyoTech, IMTS, etc.) and/or sales support on an as-needed basis
Travel: The Application Engineer must be flexible for company funded travel during 50-60% of their typical work week. Some projects require travel by automobile/car and/or airplane. International and overnight travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide valid proof of identity and valid United States work authorization documentation.
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical.
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including ability to communicate with C-level executives.
- Attention to detail, self-motivation, organization, and the ability to process confidential information.
- Color vision, hearing, and the ability to push lift at least 35 pounds overhead.
- Advanced mathematical skills (probability, statistical interference, concepts of geometry/trigonometry)
- Ability to interpret advanced technical engineering documents (schematic drawings, machine/part blueprints, etc.)
- Advanced mechanical aptitude, knowledge of machining fundamentals, GD&T knowledge, and/or statistics
Required Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Certificate, licensing, or equivalent experience in a skilled trade related to machine tool technology is highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience with Fanuc controls
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (Tool & Die, low volume job shop, high volume production, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with current programming, process engineering (tool selection, order of operations ect.), setup, and operation of CNC horizontal, vertical, and/or turning machines.
- 5+ years of experience with manual G-code programming and 5-axis programming (5 axis programming is not required, but Highly desired)
- 5+ years of experience with Mastercam, Esprit or Hyper Mill is highly desired.
- Valid driver/operator license that grants the availability for unrestricted travel.
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior application of the appropriate education and/or experience to the Toyoda (or similar) product line is highly desired.
- Valid documentation that grants the availability for international travel by land and/or air is highly desired.
What We Offer:
- An environment that encourages strong work ethics and values
- Opportunity for growth within our Company
- Great benefits and competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with low premiums
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous Company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and PTO
- Variety of optional benefits (FSA, AFLAC, etc.) …And more!
From two-man job shops to high-volume production lines, manufacturing facilities have relied on Toyoda Machinery USA for over 70 years. We understand our success lies not only with our machines, but with our dedicated Engineering and Support departments. Look no further to see the technology of tomorrow, because at Toyoda, that ingenuity begins here.
Toyoda Machinery USA Corporation
Ingenuity begins here. From two-man job shops to high-volume production lines, manufacturing facilities have relied on Toyoda Machinery USA for over 70 years. We understand our success lies not only with our machines, but with our dedicated Engineering and Support departments. Look no further to see the technology of tomorrow, because at Toyoda, that ingenuity begins here.
316 W. University DriveChicago, IL