- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Board of Commissioners provides broad policy direction to the Executive Director who serves as the chief executive officer for the Township of Middletown Sewerage Authority Sewerage Authority (TOMSA). The Executive Director reports directly to the Board. The Executive Director will exercise full management and administration of the day-to-day operations of TOMSA, including operational, financial, technical and administrative functions in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
· Implementing policy, guidelines and budget direction from the Board and
recommending appropriate changes.
· Supervise daily administrative, financial and operational functions.
· Manage duties, evaluate performance, maintain records and update job descriptions.
· Annual budget preparation including a ten-year capital improvement plan.
· Ensuring necessary and appropriate maintenance of TOMSA facilities to maintain
compliance with applicable permit(s) terms and conditions.
· Reviewing legislative and regulatory proposals that may pertain to TOMSA’s operation and maintenance and implement applicable legislation and regulations.
· Quickly reacting to emergencies in order to ensure TOMSA meets critical needs.
· Identifying situations that have or are anticipated to progress beyond TOMSA’s resource
capability to best ensure continuity of mission-critical operations.
· Representing TOMSA to external public and government entities, including the general
public, contractors, developers, and government agencies.
· Preparing Board Meeting documents and reports
· Experience with communication and labor relations with Union Representatives and workforce.
· Experience with and basic knowledge of NJ municipal and Authority accounting standards.
· Attendance and oversight at all Board meetings.
· Exposure and familiarity with all OSHA and PEOSH rules, regulations and requirements.
· Overseeing specifications for open bid preparations and contract advertisements.
· Communicating, coordinating, and assisting the various professional consultants.
Candidates will have the necessary education, related experiences, and competencies to meet
the job requirements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university with major
course work related to public administration, science or engineering required. Masters or other
advanced degrees in any related field preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials:
Strong consideration given to candidates who have demonstrated ongoing professional development by completing related certifications, licenses, and other industry-recognized credentials, including:
· State-issued environmental licenses in wastewater collection and/or treatment. Applicants must have a minimum of an active S-3 license issued by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
· An active C-3 (or higher) licenses issued by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection is preferred.
· Professional Engineering License
· Certified Public Works Manager
· Edmunds Financial System and related programs
Professional Affiliations: Candidates should be active in relative industry and professional
associations including but not limited to the NJ Water Environmental Association and the Association of Environmental Authorities.
Experience: Ideally, 5-10 years in any related private or public employment, or related
References and Pre-Hire Requirements: References need to be provided as requested.
Candidates will be subject to a background check and pre-employment drug test and physical.
Interested candidates should send resume, salary requirements and references to C/O Board of Commissioners, Twp. Of Middletown Sewerage Authority, 100 Beverly Way, Belford NJ 07718
Township of Middletown Sewerage Authority
100 Beverly WayBelford, NJ
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?