Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk position duties include order picking, shipment, order entry and validation, stowing and check-in of goods and organization. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk position must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures used in the storage, picking and shipping of goods.
The skills mentioned above must be carried out in a timely manner, with some degree of autonomy, and minimal direction or intervention.
- Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
- Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
- Communicate with carrier representative to make possible arrangements and issue instructions for loading products of required.
- Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks and more safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
- Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
- Assist with daily- quarterly and year-end physical inventory counts.
- Assist Fulfillment Supervisor with special projects.
- Ensure the work area is clean and organized.
- Reports any potential hazards or issues to Supervisor or Manager.
- Daily forklift activity and product movement.
- Works Collaboratively with different departments
- Organize raw and finished products.
- At all times, operate in a manner consistent with safe operating procedures.
- Responsible for the safe performance of operator’s responsibilities in accordance with applicable Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Request product to be released for shipment from QE department.
Pay: $16.50 to $17.50
Powered by JazzHR
Townsend Industries, Inc.
AddressKansas City, KS
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?