Townsen Memorial Hospital is looking for OR circulator/scrub RN's with Spine and Pain management experience.
Under general supervision, deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation all aspects of patient care in the perioperative setting, in accordance with established philosophy. Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. Operating Room Nurses provide care and support to patients before, during and after surgery. OR Nurses also assist the surgeon and the surgical team in their tasks.
- Assures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment. This includes direct participation in safe patient transfer as first priority duties.
- Ensures proper readiness for each procedure. This includes overseeing the pulling of all cases including instruments, sutures and all disposables, as directed to the Certified Scrub Charge or designated replacement
- Follows all principles of sterile technique. Follows all AORN standards and instructs scrub staff to perform at same stated level of competency.
- Participates in circulatory and scrub tech assignments and instrument allocation with co-operation and direction daily with OR Director. Assignment to be made independently if Director is not available.
- Insuring all Rep provided instruments and goods are provided day of surgery and arrangement of all required SSEP monitoring or other outside support is arranged at a supervisory capacity with overseeing the Scrub position.
- Be available as needed during day for complete performance of procedures as requested by surgeon. This requires flexible hours to stay for completion of cases if requested and to take occasional telephone meetings after hours to facilitate any changes in scheduling needs.
- Also to keep abreast of new developments in the field. To provide best consult and advice when requested on new instrument and equipment purchases for the facility as it continues to grow for future service line additions.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting During the surgical procedure, OR Nurses can take the role of:
Circulating Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Assists in positioning, responding to comfort/safety of patient
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens
- Observes and enforces strict standards of a sepsis
- Observes, checks and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are running smoothly
- Handles patient documentation, inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery
Scrub Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation, passing them to surgeon Inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery
- Nurses First Assist, with the following additional duties:
- Delivers direct surgical care by assisting physicians, Helps control bleeding
- Sutures patients after the surgery
- Float among various clinical services, where qualified and competent Other Responsibilities
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment, upholds HIPAA regulations.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights. Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing; Current state license as a registered nurse
- Minimum two years of operating room experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience in orthopedic, spine, neurosurgical, pain management specialties preferred.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification.
* Pay Rate is commensurate with experience and qualification.