- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Support and service the room attendants and maintain cleanliness throughout the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities
Sweep and wash floors, vacuum carpet, wash walls, dust furniture and fixtures, and clean other surface areas of the hotel at the request of the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisors and Managers.
- Assist room attendants on assigned floors to strip room bedding, throw out trash, etc…
- Ensure linen closets on assigned floors have all necessary items for stocking of room attendant cart.
- Remove trash to loading dock/dumpster and remove trash and linen from cleaning carts.
- Clean escalators and elevator cars and tracks
- Deliver miscellaneous goods and supplies to guest rooms and deliver linen and supplies to guest floors.
- Make up and deliver roll-away beds.
- Move furniture, supplies, and equipment.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Shampoo carpets as requested and/or scheduled by management.
- Special cleaning projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 250 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing, and visual acuity
Education & Experience
High School or equivalent education preferred.
- A four-year college degree preferred or equivalent education/experience.
- One to two years of employment in hospitality preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Preferred but not required
Sitting, walking, climbing stairs, standing, crouching, bending, stooping, grasping, pushing, pulling, near vision, far vision, hearing, talking, smell, taste, travel, and lifting may be required.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your manager.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/ or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as part of the orientation process.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. AM, PM, nights, overnights, weekends, and/or holiday availability are required.
I have read, understand, and voluntarily commit myself to the general guidelines contained in this document. I also understand that this is only a basic description of my job and that it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities which I may be expected to perform.
I also understand the following:
If I encounter blood or any body fluids, I am to immediately contact Security and my supervisor. DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH THESE FLUIDS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN THIS UP.
If I am certified in CPR, it is entirely my decision whether to aid a guest or fellow employee. It is not expected as part of my job duties for the Hotel. I do so at my own risk.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
Towneplace Suites Marriott
Get fresh Room Attendant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.