- $13 Hourly
Pay up to $13.00/hr.
Town Village Vestavia Hills seeks compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living experiences. Working at Town Village Vestavia Hills means you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties
Community buildings and grounds are the physical representation of our commitment to the health and happiness of our residents. It is the responsibility of the Porter/Maintenance Assistant to ensure the safety and upkeep of the building and the grounds. Renders quality cleaning/maintenance services which meet resident needs and services and enhance safety. This position reports to the Maintenance Director.
- Pull trash from trash rooms, trash cans by elevators, and trash cans around exterior of building.
- Clean Floors in hallways, common areas, apartments, stairways, loading dock and storage areas (hard floor and carpet)
- Clean Patios
- Pressure Washing
- Maintain Dog Stations
- Touch-up paint in common areas
- Pick-up trash around building
- Deliver Packages
- Assist Maintenance with work orders, apartment turns and preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist housekeeping on an as needed basis
- Ensures timely response to requests for services by residents, associates, and management.
- Maintains emergency procedures and equipment and assists with the implementation of all emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and associates.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment free of hazards.
- Maintains adequate inventory of tools and supplies for maximum associate productivity.
- Cleans light fixtures and replaces designated light bulbs.
- Cleans the outside of resident apartment doors.
- Operates, maintains, and cleans housekeeping equipment such as vacuum cleaner, buffer, shampoo machine, and mop unit.
- Performs heavy cleaning and moving of furniture and fixtures in apartments and throughout the community.
- Complies with community policies and procedures.
- Is a team player, is collaborative, and provides assistance to other associates to contribute to the smooth operation of the department and community.
- Demonstrates safe and proper techniques for chemical/cleaning solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper infection control technique including cleaning, storage, and food handling.
- May be required to come to the community during “off hours” to address building emergencies to ensure the safety of the residents, associates, and the community.
- Supports and participates in the resident centered activity programs.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Attends all associate meetings including in-service education and associate functions as requested by supervisor.
- Assists in variety of tasks involving residents as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two to three years of experience in janitorial/maintenance work.
- The ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to push loaded cart and use vacuum cleaner, buffer, and carpet cleaning machines.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be in good physical health and free of communicable disease.
- Successful criminal background check and drug testing required.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning materials and their use.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of minor equipment.
- Must be friendly and have excellent people skills.
- Physical requirements include bending, standing, lifting, stooping, sitting, carrying, stretching, and walking.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Ability to follow directions.
Town Village Vestavia HillsBirmingham, AL
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.