Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician
Town & Country Animal Hospital
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN or EXPERIENCED VETERINARY ASSISTANT
We are looking to add a Full Time Technician or Experienced Assistant to our team in SE Portland, Oregon. Town & Country Animal Hospital is a small 2 DVM GP located near SE Division and 122nd. Our team has a passion for education and mentorship. We put emphasis on work-life-balance with great benefits and advanced scheduling. If you have wanted to grow with an established and supportive team, we might be the right fit for you! Applicants should be skilled in the following areas: venipuncture, catheter placement, digital radiology, anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, pharmacy and nursing care.
Our Core Values: Do the right thing, "Wow" service, Respect, Learning, Fun
An ideal team member is someone who:
- Has strong work ethic.
- Demonstrates "wow" service.
- Is personable and professional.
- Excels at multitasking and attention to detail.
- Is eager and willing to learn.
- Demonstrates a positive team-oriented approach.
- Is dependable and punctual.
- Maintains productivity without supervision.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Is an open and direct communicator.
- Provide professional, efficient, quality medical care and exceptional service to clients while maintaining maximum productivity.
- Obtain patient medical history from the client and referring veterinarians as needed.
- Perform initial evaluation of pet's condition, collect information from client, observe pet's behavior, and checks vital statistics.
- Complete preparatory procedures and assist the Veterinarian throughout the rest of the examination, diagnosis, procedures, and treatment phases.
- Restrain pets during exams as needed.
- Create and maintain patient medical records and documentation.
- Obtain and prepare various samples including blood, urine, and fecal samples for diagnostic testing.
- Perform laboratory tests on samples and update the patient's medical chart.
- Educate clients about pet health needs, nutrition, and preventative care.
- Perform X-rays and provide results to the Veterinarian.
- Fill prescriptions under the direction of a Veterinarian.
- Administer injections, vaccines, and medication with supervision and under the direction of a Veterinarian.
- Perform dental prophylaxis, venipunctures, catheterization, and other procedures under supervision of a Veterinarian.
- Prepare patient, medications, and equipment for surgery.
- Support a practice environment that promotes collaboration and teamwork and ensures the delivery of quality, compassionate, effective, and efficient health care to pets.
- Comply with all practice policies, quality assurance guidelines, and minimum standards of care.
- Perform other duties or projects as requested.
- Wants to make Town & Country Animal Hospital their home!
The Veterinary Technician/Assistant supports and assists the Veterinarians, ensuring the safety of pets and clients, and the continuity of quality veterinary care. They work to keep pets safe and comfortable during their visit. This position requires walking, standing, and sitting for long periods of time. May be exposed to low to moderate noise levels as well as disinfectant/sanitation chemicals, pet dander, and excretions.This position requires exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds frequently, and/or 15 pounds constantly in order to lift, carry, pull or move objects.
Please provide a current resume and list of 3 professional references. Cover letter and letters of recommendation are not required but are taken into consideration in the review process.
Benefits include but are not limited to: Paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental, vision, life insurance, referral programs, 401k, team member discounts, learning and CE programs/assistance, uniform allowance, and more!
Hours will be 35-40 per week. We are open 7:00a-6:30p M-F and 8:00a-4:30p Sat. We schedule full day shifts, meaning that most full time team members will have a minimum of one weekday off the schedule.
Town & Country Animal HospitalPortland, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.