Are you ready to take the next step toward advancing your career?
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity that involves:
- Working alongside some of the most highly respected/talented surveyors in the U.S.
- Being part of a team that takes on interesting and challenging surveying and mapping projects (including some that other firms won’t or can’t do)
- Being recognized and rewarded for your individual contributions and hard work
- Exposure to a variety of work assignments that will allow you to expand your survey knowledge and skill sets
Then Towill, Inc. wants to hear from YOU!
Come join a winning team that delivers superior after-sales client service; and high-quality deliverables to our clients. The ideal candidate will be available immediately and will carry out various technical assignments to support clients and projects throughout California and the Western United States. This person will report to the Regional Director (PLS) in Towill’s Fresno Office.
To learn more about Towill, Inc., please visit our website at www.towill.com.
With this position, Towill offers the following:
- Competitive Base Hourly Wage
- Health Insurance with a Variety of Plan Options
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Self-directed 401K Plan
- Opportunities for Training and Professional Growth
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedule
Typical tasks performed by the Survey Office Technician include:
- Person will be responsible for downloading, interpreting, organizing, reducing, and verifying field survey notes and electronic survey data from data collectors.
- Person will perform traverse calculations and closures.
- Person will process data collected via Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to obtain necessary results.
- Person will perform calculations to establish coordinates for survey control and survey measurements.
- Person will prepare tentative and final tract maps, parcel maps, Record of Survey maps, ALTA maps, corner records, right-of-way maps, and similar documents from a variety of source documents and data.
- Person will perform field checks, correct, and supplement maps prior to delivery to a client.
- Qualified candidates will have five (5) years of increasingly technical and responsible work experience in land surveying including at least one (1) year comparable to an Associate Surveyor.
- Higher education or equivalent course work/training in the principles of surveying, mapping or civil engineering.
- Candidates will have valid Land Surveyor-in-Training certificate – possession of a California Professional Land Surveyors License will be viewed as a plus.
- Candidates should be proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation V8.
- Associate Surveyor experience should include right-of-way mapping, drafting of corner records/records of survey, writing legal descriptions, preparing plats, topographic map drafting/edits, and property boundary research.
- Prior experience with transportation-related surveying or mapping projects will be viewed as a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and technical work processes.
- Ability to download, interpret, organize, reduce, and verify field survey notes and raw electronic survey data from data collectors.
- Ability to work as a team member with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain a Class C driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.