This is a second shift position. This position is responsible for supporting production to insure that quality standards are met during production: This is completed by performing Fixture Check, Destructive and Non-Destructive Weld Checks, Executing CMM measurements, and performing various audits and measurements during a production shift. Technicians will also be responsible for training, interpretation of data, analyze Statistical Process Control Data (SPC), complete inspection plans and quality documents. Quality Tech will be the primary Liaison between the production process and the quality team.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wears all required safety equipment (PPE), and ensures work environment is safe and clean.
- Executes evaluations through measurement of welding, dimensional, process performance, and data collection activities.
- Operate CMM (minor programming and program execution).
- Complete destructive and non-destructive test on welds.
- Interface with production, customers, contractors and suppliers as appropriate.
- Participate and lead root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality Registrations (ex. TS 16949, VDA, ISO 14001, Pentastar, etc.).
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures while performing daily work activities.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all areas of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Control Plans, Level II Procedures etc.).
- Support the Company's mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Maintain calibration and certification records.
- Maintain gauges in good working order.
- Establish and maintain annual part / gauge layout schedules.
- Conduct Gage Repeatability and Reproduce-ability (GR&R) Studies to ensure Check Fixtures are in compliance with Customer Requirements and MSA.
- Support other (APQP) Advance Product Quality Program needs as necessary.
- Prepare reports for internal and external customers and interface as appropriate.
- Conduct "Color Scan Analysis" studies on parts to support Customer Requirements and Tower needs.
- Disposition of product.
- Execute the Non-Conforming Parts Process.
- Collects data and enters into appropriate reporting tools GDM, Pax-IT, Excel, QAD, ect...
- Performs Internal Audits (Product, Process, System, and LPA).
- Steward of the rework process.
- Complete incoming inspections as required by product control plan.
- Responsible for inspections, tests, surveillance of plant process's.
- Responds to "quality calls" from the production team.
- Trains operations colleagues to Equipment, Quality Alerts, Process WI, Containments, Rework, and quality specific projects.
- Interacts with management and other colleagues to insure quality requirements are achieved and maintained during the production process. This will include shipping and receiving as necessary.
- Clean and Organize immediate and satellite work areas (meet 5S goals).
- Manage Lube Testing and Reporting..
- Communicate Internal and External Concerns.
- Execute Material Properties Test (as required).
Reports to the quality department designee. Interacts on a frequent basis with Production (Hourly/Salary), Tool & Die, Engineering, Materials, HR, Finance, and Corporate Quality.
Some interaction with Customer may be required (including trips to assembly plant)
Should be self motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Associates Degree in a related technical field or High School diploma/or the equivalent of 2+ years in a comparable manufacturing environment.
- CMM (PCDMIS) experience-or willingness and ability to learn.
- NDT experience-or willingness and ability to learn.
- General knowledge of Quality Systems (i.e.; SPC, ISO/TS 16949 etc.)
- Experience in calibration methods and use of measuring tools.
- Technical math skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Root cause/ problem solving ability.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to understand customer specifications.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced team environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Attendance Record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
To all recruitment agencies: Tower International does not accept agency resumes without approval from the Talent Team. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tower employees or any other company location.Tower International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.