Touchette Regional Hospital offers a competitive sign-on bonus for all RN and LPN positions, as well as a competitive referral bonus for all current employees that refer a new RN or LPN to the hospital.
To ensure that the current employee who referred you receives credit for the referral, please enter their name in the “referral” section of the application – please include their first name, last name and department, if you know the department in which they work. You may also "quick apply" by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching your resume to that email. In the body of the email, please be specific about which role and department you are applying to, and please list the first name, last name and department (if known) of the current employee that has referred you for the role.
The Psychiatric/Behavior Health Home Health registered nurse is a professional practitioner who delivers patient care through the nursing process in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Illinois State licensure. Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Computer literate. Computer literacy content focuses on computer basics and the use of generic software applications such as word processing, presentation software, and the use of electronic communication such as email.
Unit Specific Qualifications:
- Transportation requirements:
- Valid driver’s license
- Automobile insurance
- dependable transportation
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Meets the following RN requirements for CMS psychiatric nursing in Home Care:
- Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing or mental health nursing preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing with one year recent nursing experience in an active treatment unit or
- Diploma/associate’s degree with two years’ experience in any of the following clinical areas:
- A psychiatric unit
- A psychiatric hospital
- A mental health hospital
- An outpatient clinic
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Previous home health experience preferred.
- National certification in area of specialty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to time and attendance requirements
- Successfully completes organizational and departmental orientation and/or mandatory annual training, competencies, and in-services
- Completes annual employee health requirements
- Demonstrates participation in organizational, nursing, and departmental communications, which include but are not limited to unit meetings, intranet, and emails
- Assists in control of organization resources
- Participates and promotes activities regarding quality and process improvement
- Delegates appropriately according to skill level
- Anticipates, requests, and accepts assistance from others
- Adheres to Infection Prevention Plan and policies
- Assesses and maintains department specific equipment and products
RN Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the patient, family and healthcare team to promote positive patient outcomes
- Assess and reassess patient clinical condition, which includes objective and subjective assessment data according to the departmental policy
- Develop, implement and evaluate a patient’s Plan of Care
- Utilize critical thinking skills for patient care and daily operations
- Provides seamless handoff communications with the healthcare team, patients, employees, visitors and vendors
- Demonstrates clinical competencies and skills applicable to unit
- Coordinates, initiates, and validates teaching based on identified learning needs of the patient and designated support person
- Manages, administers and reconciles medications per organization policies
- Documents patient care, interventions and responses in the health record with accuracy, timeliness and legibility
Unit Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain awareness of self-safety.
- Assess and educate the patient regarding home environment safety.
- Manage and coordinate patient visits with Home Health scheduler.
- Communicate with patients the day before visit regarding visit date and time.
- Deliver lab specimens for processing in a timely manner.
- Monitor and maintain portable patient care supplies according to Home Health infection control guidelines.
- Manage bag technique and handwashing according to infection control guidelines.
- Identifies, documents and reports to the physician, RN Case Manager and Clinical Manager pertinent changes in status, changes in environment and support systems and response to care as needed or at a minimum of every 60 days.
- Participates in case conferences.
- Assess and refer for group psycho-educational services
- Review referral packets from outside facilities