The IT Desktop Support Analyst provides first and second level technical support services for all desktop hardware, software, and networking related problems reported to the Service Desk via e-mail and phone. The IT Desktop Support Analyst serves both the Help Desk and Desktop Support functions by fielding and addressing user requests and calls for service through e-mail, phone, remote tools, and on-site visits.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Receive and record ALL requests for service and Incidents received via telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and from walk-up customers in the Incident and Request Management System.
- Provide daily break/fix support for all desktop hardware and software issues via remote and onsite troubleshooting.
- Perform daily Asset Management related activities.
- Prioritize and escalate Incidents and requests per established matrix.
- Follow-up with customers to confirm incident resolution.
- Frequent and regular professional communication utilizing the phone, instant messaging, e-mail, and face to face with both internal and external customers
- Provide Move Request and Project support
- Participate in the On-Call support rotation for after hours, weekends, and Holidays.
The IT Desktop Support Analyst must be committed to providing a high level of customer service to ALL Touchette Regional Hospital and SIHF Healthcare users. This candidate must also be able to adapt to change and learn quickly in a corporate, clinical, and regulated environment.
Typical troubleshooting includes: Windows 7 to current, Microsoft Office 2003 to current, Outlook e-mail, VPN, network printers, network connectivity issues and clinical software systems.
Associates degree in related IT field and/or 2 years related work experience.
Previous experience providing end user support in a call center environment.
Previous experience working in corporate and clinical environments.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and desktop troubleshooting skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office products
- Experience installing application software, drivers, and imaging desktop hardware
- Minimum 1 year help desk or call center experience
- Intermediate Desktop hardware and peripheral equipment knowledge
- Basic laser printer knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including wireless issues
- Intermediate mobile device support
- Knowledge of Asset Management procedures
- Knowledge of basic IT terminology
- Experience with problem escalation and engaging IT departments
- Experience troubleshooting other hardware such as, hard drives, memory, network interface cards, virtual drives, docking stations, etc.