Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital has an opening for a full time (noc and weekends included: along with wage differentials)
Registered Nurse to direct the ongoing education program for the staff of our hospital and 'distinct part' skilled nursing facility, with an advisory role for other on-campus facilities. Education to new clinical techniques and diagnoses, leadership training, and safety training are important to our organization. The Director of Education Services has a strong position of influence on the strength of facility staff. This position influences the growth and development of a clinical staff of roughly 250 RNs, LVNs, CNAs, RCPs/RRTs and ancillary staff, and 50 administrative staff with the ultimate goal of providing continually improving care to children in a pediatric acute rehabilitation hospital, pediatric subacute skilled nursing unit, an integrated pediatric day health program and preschool, and an intermediate care facility (ICF-DD(n)).
Job Summary from the printed Job Description:
This position collaborates with other members of the management team, both clinical and non-clinical, to identify and address staff learning needs that affect patient care ensuring standardization of educational materials and processes in a cost effective manner. Plans educational programs and processes to accommodate generational differences regarding learning and communication styles, expectations, and peer relations. Strategically plans facilitation of new graduates' transition into the clinical units and practice setting. Utilizes discretion and independent judgement to assess clinical performance at the bedside in relation to established performance standards, quality care outcomes, and regulatory requirements. Provides hands on management that engages staff in adopting a model of accountability, empowerment, and excellence in practice. Maintains in-depth clinical knowledge in area of specialty and demonstrates clinical expertise in bedside practice. Serves as a clinical resource and coach for staff and influences the workforce to achieve a high level of performance reflecting the mission, vision and values of the organization. Contributes to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population. Performs other duties as needed."
- Current Registered Nurse licensed issued by the State of California
- Director of Staff Development (DSD) certification preferred
- Bachelors of Science (BSN) required, Masters Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current certifications: BCLS (American Heart Association) PALS, ACLS
- EKG certification preferred
- Minimum five years of acute care nursing experience in a rehabilitation and/or pediatric setting
- Minimum one year of management in a clinical role
- Experience in Clinical Education and/or staff development preferred
- Basic computer knowledge (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Bilingual preferred