This is a temporary position, scheduled to go through the beginning of February, could extend.
• Reviews medication orders and evaluates appropriateness and completeness of orders with consideration given to the special needs and behaviors of the specific age group served.
• Verifies all prescriptions not directly received from the prescriber or physician’s agent.
• Provide oversight of the safety, appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provided to patients as it relates to infusion and specialty products dispensed.
• Assesses the patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develops a patient care plan and drug monitoring regimen and monitors the patient according to the care plan throughout the course of therapy.
• Communicates with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other pharmacists, and other members of the health care team regarding patient status, response to therapy, and clinical objectives to ensure clinical outcomes are met.
• When required, compounds intravenous and specialty pharmaceuticals in an aseptic fashion according to established State Board of Pharmacy, Federal, USP 797 sterile guidelines, and company policy. Knowledgeable of the proper use and handling of both sterile and hazardous medications. Compounds and handles sterile and hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, OSHA and other regulatory standards. Follows all department policies and procedures.
• Provides direct oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support staff.
• Pharmacist license in good standing in the state of California
• BS in Pharmacy or PharmD degree
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a hospital, home infusion setting, or related healthcare environment
• Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
• Knowledgeable in various infusion-related therapies and ability to work through the complexity of therapy-related orders
• Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to navigate MS Office and Windows-based environment and the ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate Outlook and conduct internet searches
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and rotate being on-call based on business