The Medical Biller position maintains and distributes updated payer information as it becomes available, follows established billing procedures for timely and thorough collection of open invoices, responds to rejection and error reports, and complete work reports as assigned within a designated period of time.
Responsible for all phases of the billing and collection activities, including but not limited to:
1. Work claims from assigned various reports such as: aging report over 120 days, timely filing report, credit balance report and rejection report.
2. Research and correct rejected claims and post payments.
3. Resubmissions of claims as required with supporting documentation as needed.
4. Post payments or rejections received.
5. Resolve billing problems with clients.
6. Answer telephone inquiries from clients, caregivers or insurance companies.
7. Calling payers and/or working on payer websites to status or reprocess claims as necessary to secure payment for claims.
8. Update patient information as required.
9. All tasks listed on cash posting job description.
10. Various reporting as required by department and/or management.
11. Other tasks as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED diploma or equivalent number of years’ experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Medical billing/coding experience
2. Collections of insurance claims experience
3. Medicare and/or Medicaid background
4. Durable Medical Equipment (DME)experience
5. EDI transmissions experience preferred
This is a full-time position. Days are Monday through Friday and hours of work vary from 7:00am to 4:30pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour